ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition

Go down 
+20
harmar
Fuckpencil
Spectral Knight
dissolvedgirl
Narg
Cropcircle Hair
Fu Manchu
ReDfEsTeR
ROCK AND ROLL
AceCombat
ginwai
kimdealslover
BRYN_BORANGA
Shaunography
Big_Fat_Dan
bidders
r new pal
Benicio Del Roro
lobster_johnson
O Goncho
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition Empty
PostSubject: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:54 am

Post an opinion, about music, that you subscribe to, which, to your mind, is not widely shared or popular with the vast majority.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:04 am

Kylie Minogue doesn't just have a nice bum, she makes great music.

There, I said it.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
The Lobsters Claw of Bile
The Lobsters Claw of Bile
lobster_johnson

Male
Number of posts : 4868

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:07 am

Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition I-want10

I NO LONGER BELIEVE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/bantha_fodder
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:10 am

Disheartened

I miss Busted.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Benicio Del Roro
Affable Scamp
Affable Scamp

Male
Number of posts : 750

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:43 am

Blink 182 were pretty good.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:44 am

I miss yooooou.....
Back to top Go down
r new pal
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
r new pal

Male
Number of posts : 4943

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:47 am

Limp Bizkit used to be awesome.
Back to top Go down
bidders
Awesome Wizard Whale
Awesome Wizard Whale
bidders

Number of posts : 4246

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Angel Dust just ain't that great.
Back to top Go down
Big_Fat_Dan
Belly'll Getcha
Belly'll Getcha
Big_Fat_Dan

Male
Number of posts : 2350

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 1:45 pm

i like cock
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male
Number of posts : 1297

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:13 am

bidders wrote:

Back down, Col!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/shaunography
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male
Number of posts : 4880

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:23 am

bidders wrote:

Fucking right it is!! You were probably too much of a life-n00b to appreciate it when it came out. For me, it was the only record that mattered then, and it still sounds great now. I think everything they put out post Jim Martin was a bit half-arsed. It's a bunch of wank IMHO. I loved it when it was first released though, much the same way as I loved Ghostbusters II when it was released.
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:26 am

I's incredible how they can pick a tune like the Midnight Cowboy theme and it becomes the fucking dean of the album.

Glorious album, really.

Caffeine, Malpractice and the Midnight Cowboy cover are among the greatest moments in music. Period.
Back to top Go down
bidders
Awesome Wizard Whale
Awesome Wizard Whale
bidders

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:38 am

Crap album, I dislike Jim Martin era FNM.

King For A Day is my fave album.
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:39 am

Urgh. YOU SUCK!!!!
Back to top Go down
bidders
Awesome Wizard Whale
Awesome Wizard Whale
bidders

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:40 am

Wanna fight about it?
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:41 am

bidders wrote:
Crap album, I dislike Jim Martin era FNM.

King For A Day is my fave album.

Wouldn't say 'crap', so many innovative songs.

KFAD is great, though, from track 9 onwards that album is beyond solid. "Evidence" and "Ricochet" are sick, too. AOTY, as an album, was pretty poor but some of the tracks are among their best. Most notably "Stripsearch" and "Paths of Glory."
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:44 am

bidders wrote:
Wanna fight about it?

What's that....you wana fuck Dean menta?? Thoghut so. Perhaps if yuo reliase'd what a soulless slut of an album KFAD is you're father woudnt beat you so much.
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:46 am

"The Last to Know" = souuuul
Back to top Go down
bidders
Awesome Wizard Whale
Awesome Wizard Whale
bidders

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:47 am

It's my choice, go suck your finger.
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:53 am

Yeah, I do like 'The Last To Know', but on the whole I feel the album is incoherent and suffers not only from Big Sick Ugly Jim's departure (a lot of the guitar is very basic, sometimes just demo-y strumming), but another figure notable by his absence on a lot of the tracks is Roddy Bottum. As a result it sounds bland and indistinguishable from a lot of punky shouting people. 'Digging The Grave' was such a disappointing single.
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:56 am

BRYN_BORANGA wrote:
Yeah, I do like 'The Last To Know', but on the whole I feel the album is incoherent and suffers not only from Big Sick Ugly Jim's departure (a lot of the guitar is very basic, sometimes just demo-y strumming), but another figure notable by his absence on a lot of the tracks is Roddy Bottum. As a result it sounds bland and indistinguishable from a lot of punky shouting people. 'Digging The Grave' was such a disappointing single.

Dude, Angel Dust would have sounded the exact same (if not better) if Jim hadn't have been there. Watch the Angel Dust sessions on Youtube - when they're interviewing him he's by far the least enthusiastic member, by far the least creative and talks shit about basically every band member. He said that he didn't like the music on the album and hated the album's title. Jim's the last person you want to thank for Angel Dust.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male
Number of posts : 1461

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:58 am

Bat Out of Hell II - Back into Hell is actually superior to Bat Out of Hell. Plus, Welcome To The Neighbourhood was a decent follow up.

Bat Out of Hell III....we don't talk about that.
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:00 am

Black Sabbath got better when Ozzy left.
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:03 am

Shaunography wrote:
BRYN_BORANGA wrote:

Dude, Angel Dust would have sounded the exact same (if not better) if Jim hadn't have been there. Watch the Angel Dust sessions on Youtube - when they're interviewing him he's by far the least enthusiastic member, by far the least creative and talks shit about basically every band member. He said that he didn't like the music on the album and hated the album's title. Jim's the last person you want to thank for Angel Dust.

Oh yeah, I know that. Apparently he worked on his own and came back with all these shitty one-note guitar solos and stuff, but they got there in the end and at least he and his riffs were there. And he contributed the mighty 'Jizzlobber'. With KFAD all Patton had to work with was the (admittedly awesome) rhythm section, but without the interplay of Jim's Sabbathness and Roddy's homosexualisms it just didn't feel like Faith No More to me, and still doesn't.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male
Number of posts : 1461

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:08 am

Wan't the whole Jim/Patton feud at breaking point by that time? I know he didn't want to go in the direction they were heading after Angel Dust and promptly acted like a right twat when Patton took over. Well it was sorta his band to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition   Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Unpopular Opinion: Music Edition
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next