ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

it was only yesterday i thought to myself..

Go down 
+2
Tired-Hippo
lobster_johnson
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lobster_johnson
The Lobsters Claw of Bile
lobster_johnson

Male
Number of posts : 4868

it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. Empty
PostSubject: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:13 pm

.."i havent had any of those mysterious scratches appear on my face for months now".

i think you can probably guess what ive just found.

were going to solve this mystery because its a bit like the x files. but far less exciting. anyway, here is a recap of the situation, in case you missed the last thread:

a few years ago now (im not sure exactly when, but i reckon between 3 and 5 years ago), i started noticing that i would have the occasional scratch on my face, without knowing where it came from. one would appear every few weeks and sometimes this pattern would stop for months at a time. all of the scratches ive noticed have been on or around my nose. the area of the scratches where the skin is actually broken is very thin. i have a bluntish drawing pin here, and id say its thinner than the tip of that.

i had assumed all these scratches appeared at night, but on a few occasions i noticed scratches late on in the day that had not been there in the morning. it has been suggested that maybe ive done it without realising with my fingernail as i sometimes bite them, though i have tried numerous times to replicate the scratch with my nails, without success. i dont want to disregard this entirely but im not really finding it a satisfactory explanation at the moment.

shaving is another obvious suspect, but i havent shaved today and there have been plenty more of the scratches ive found on days i havent shaved. besides which, they are almost always located in places i dont shave i did, however, shave on thursday. is it possible for a scratch not to appear red till two days after it occured? it doesnt sound possible, but then im no doctor.

ive taken some photos of the latest one, so that you know im not crazy. i dont think they show enough detail to provide any clues themselves but whatever. youll have to look at me closer than you probably ever wanted to, but the image is kind of grainy cause of the shitty camera i have at my disposal (and the poor lighting in here), so it might not be so bad. besides, this is for science.

EDIT: tl;dr: a polterghost am scratch my face, help plz.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by bantha_fodder on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/bantha_fodder
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:16 pm

Bears.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:16 pm

That's a big scratch.

This mystery of yours is finally unnerving me too.
Back to top Go down
alecs
Peon
Peon
alecs

Male
Number of posts : 205

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:20 pm

Cat
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:20 pm

Any new theories, Banth? I got nothin'.
Back to top Go down
alecs
Peon
Peon
alecs

Male

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:21 pm

Ninja cat
Back to top Go down
alecs
Peon
Peon
alecs

Male

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:22 pm

Razor filled pillows
Back to top Go down
alecs
Peon
Peon
alecs

Male

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:23 pm

Plastic threads that stick out a bit
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female
Number of posts : 8855

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:24 pm

um.... go see a skin doctor??? I've had scartches appear out of nowhere before, but never on my face.....
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:28 pm

the only other thing i can think of, is i might intentionally be doing it to myself in my sleep. i did used to sleepwalk when i was a lot younger, but that stopped over 10 years ago. im not sure what id be using, either. any of the knives in my kitchen, sharp enough to scratch would probably give me a much worse cut. it couldnt have explained the last one, either because my dad was already awake when i went to bed this morning and im sure hed have noticed.

it could have been scissors, although i lost my scissors when i reorganized my bedroom, which again would mean finding another pair downstairs.

also, there are no bears, cats or any other animal in my house. i can also tell you that the scratch is a lot thinner than from a dogs claws, though ive never been scratched by a cat, to my knowledge.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:29 pm

alecs wrote:
Plastic threads that stick out a bit

what do you mean?
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:30 pm

AceCombat wrote:
um.... go see a skin doctor??? I've had scartches appear out of nowhere before, but never on my face.....

really? do they sound similar to mine? did you go and see a skin doctor?

i suppose its possible i get scratched on other parts of my body and dont notice.
Back to top Go down
alecs
Peon
Peon
alecs

Male

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:31 pm

Your pillow or blanket is sewn with some plastic threads that are rigid and haven't been cut properly or are lose so they stick out and scratch you.
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:36 pm

bantha_fodder wrote:
AceCombat wrote:

really? do they sound similar to mine? did you go and see a skin doctor?

i suppose its possible i get scratched on other parts of my body and dont notice.

they seem similar to yours, and I also have problems with moving in my sleep... I didn't see a doctor because it was only once, but if it were a recurring thing I would just to be on the safe side
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:38 pm

if you have a down pillow, sometimes the edge of the feathers can pop out and scratch you as well
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:44 pm

alecs wrote:
Your pillow or blanket is sewn with some plastic threads that are rigid and haven't been cut properly or are lose so they stick out and scratch you.

a quick check reveals nothing like that, but the labels on my pillows are sort of a papery. i paper cut from those isnt out of the realms of possibility. im not sure what the labels were like on the pillows i had 3-5 years ago, though.

AceCombat wrote:
if you have a down pillow, sometimes the edge of the feathers can pop out and scratch you as well

no feathers in these pillows: 100% polyester fillings.

probably the only real way to know for sure whats causing this is to constantly film myself until it happens again.
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:45 pm

yes but you'd also have to watch all the footage.....

just go to the doctor.... that's what they're there for
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:48 pm

i seriously doubt a doctor would be able to tell what caused the scratch. also, going to the doctors because of a scratch would be insane.
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:49 pm

obviously if you're worried about it, it's not insane....
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 3:02 pm

im not worried about it in a medical sense, i just want to know whats causing it.
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 3:03 pm

them filming yourself seems about right....
Back to top Go down
b3ni
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness

Male
Number of posts : 5145

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 4:32 pm

Scully, I would
Back to top Go down
http://www.goatsemarathon.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: it was only yesterday i thought to myself..   it was only yesterday i thought to myself.. Empty

Back to top Go down

it was only yesterday i thought to myself..
Page 1 of 1