ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?

Go down 
+23
ReDfEsTeR
lobster_johnson
kimdealslover
bidders
Elginboy
Tired-Hippo
BRYN_BORANGA
ROCK AND ROLL
Someone with nowt to say
Ollie
AllYourBase
tinkapeel
b3ni
Hector
Scarlet Rope
Fuckpencil
Goostaph
Sgt Fury
harmar
ginwai
Spectral Knight
ignitableduck
mrblackbat
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Yes
Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? Vote_lcap52%Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? Vote_rcap
 52% [ 12 ]
No
Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? Vote_lcap48%Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? Vote_rcap
 48% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage

Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? Empty
PostSubject: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:23 am

Self explanatory really. Will you be exercising your right to vote? If not why not?
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

Number of posts : 3412

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:24 am

Nope because I'm going to be away.
Back to top Go down
ignitableduck
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness
ignitableduck

Female
Number of posts : 5491

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:25 am

nope cos i dont think im registered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:36 am

mrblackbat wrote:

Are you registered? Would you be voting if you weren't away?
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:37 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

Number of posts : 5066

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:37 am

i haven't been sent my postal vote so i assume there's nothing to vote for in my borough.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:38 am

Winslow wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:

Are you registered? Would you be voting if you weren't away?

Yeah I'm registered, but didn't realise I was away and too late to sort proxy vote.

This time, I would actually be voting, purely to register a vote against the BNP who are highly likely to get good support in this backward fucktard area.

Normally I wouldn't bother other than general elections.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:51 am

I'm still undecided who I'm going to be voting for. I might vote for some independents as a protest vote!
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:52 am

I hate protest votes. They're made by morons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:59 am

mrblackbat wrote:

Isn't voting for anybody purely so the BNP don't get in a protest vote, but a protest vote against a fringe party? tongue

I probably won't make a protest vote since the candidates haven't been involved in any of this expenses row as far as I'm aware.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:59 am

I don't like the 'vote against the BNP' or 'anyone but BNP' campaigns - surely this just splits the vote of those in opposition to their policies, rather than forming a proper campaign of your own party, and winning votes for those in favour of your own. Doesn't it in effect actually make it more likely the BNP will win seats, as everyone that would be tempted to vote for them haven't been informed of any alternative policies to vote on, and in effect left with no other choice?

It's like:

Party A: These are our policies...this is why we have them...and this is how it'll affect you.
Everyone else: Don't vote for Party A

It's so idiotic, it's untrue. The major parties should be ashamed that they're reduced to such petty campaigning tactics, and be more ashamed that they don't have policies to endear to populace on.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 7:02 am

Winslow wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:

Isn't voting for anybody purely so the BNP don't get in a protest vote, but a protest vote against a fringe party? tongue

I probably won't make a protest vote since the candidates haven't been involved in any of this expenses row as far as I'm aware.

No, because I'd be voting for the party that I believe have the best manifesto, as I always do when I choose to vote. The difference is that I would be choosing to make my vote count for a fear that with the current political climate they may not secure their position without my vote.

A protest vote is when you vote against your normal voting allegience in order to register protest over something or other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 7:21 am

I guess you're right.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

Number of posts : 7271

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:26 am

I don't think I'm voting. I haven't received any leaflets from any of them except the BNP.

It's a foregone conclusion that Labour will win. I'm not sure any of them would do any better. These are probably the safest seats in the history of voting. If Labour goes down here they may as well shut up shop.

People have champagne on ice waiting for Margaret Thatcher's death. Members of my family were arrested in the miners strike.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:30 am

Where you from harmar?

Blackburn's pretty much always labour as well, though the BNP stand a pretty decent chance as well.
Back to top Go down
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Sgt Fury

Male
Number of posts : 2738

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:34 am

I was in Keighley last week and you couldhave been mistaken for thinking it was Nuremberg.
Scary stuff .

I'm voting btw.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:38 am

I don't want to say exactly but it's Yorkshire. I don't even get the local paper so I don't know what they are saying. I'm more of a CNN type person. I haven't even been following the expenses issue but it all reminds me of the hype around Britian's Got Talent in the newspapers. I don't buy newspapers either.

I'm just not convinced that the other's could do any better. It's a world debt problem. Alastair Darling is probably glad to get out. Ed Balls and his wife have been in the paper some time ago for ripping off the taxpayer with their house in London. His wife is supposed to be our MP but she probably never even sets a foot near here. You would have to see some kind of proxy person. Their kids even go to school in London.

They are all crap as far as I'm concerned. The last one to make any kind of stand was David Davies but he missed out because of his Page 3 T-shirt stunt. Cameron's only job has been as a PR man and Osbourne looks like a hound from hell. The Liberal Democrat leader looks like a Cameron clone. Some of the Liberal Democrats I do like but they are environmental nazis when they get some power.
Back to top Go down
Goostaph
Evangelist
Evangelist

Male
Number of posts : 2445

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:38 am

Dont really see the point in voting anymore. All parties are Conservative now. Some just more than others ...
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:40 am

Indeed. Though Hazel Blears and Harriet Harmon deserve to be executed in a particularly unpleasant manner.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:44 am

There aren't many of them I would save. I quite liked Alastair Darling.

As I said ... I think he is glad to get out.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 am

I think the man's a cock.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:47 am

Which one could make a difference?
Back to top Go down
Goostaph
Evangelist
Evangelist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:47 am

Took the words right out my mouth sir ...Never trust a man who's eyebrows are a different colour from his hair.
Back to top Go down
Goostaph
Evangelist
Evangelist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:49 am

Not one single one of them will make one bit of a difference Harmar. They're soulless bastards who just dont give a fuck.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:50 am

I'm just waiting for the whole system to crumble. No human is capable of handling this. All Obama is doing is going to bigger and bigger bailouts. He wants all countries to do the same. Merkel says its all a pile of cack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next