ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Are You Listening to [regular edition]

Go down 
+4
Big_Fat_Dan
harmar
Elginboy
Sgt Fury
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Sgt Fury

Male
Number of posts : 2738

What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:31 am

Me neither, but she loves the big rides. The weather doesn't look reliable enough.
Seaside is next favourite, or York.

The Lemonheads - Black Gown
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

Number of posts : 7271

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:05 am

I only went on the BigOne just to say I'd been on it.

I'm starting on Cupid tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. I only really liked the posters of Toulouse-Lautrec.

Biffy Clyro - God And Satan

His full name is Henri Marie Raymond de Toulouse-Lautrec-Monfa. I thought it was worth mentioning. Triple barreled surname.

My HAARP cd/dvd has come. First one I've bought for ages.
Back to top Go down
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Sgt Fury

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:17 am

What original are you going to see ? Sorry, I can't keep up !

Went to the National Railway Museum and for lunch in York. It absolutely pelted it down.

Alan says he saw the steam train on Friday lunchtime heading through York station, but it wasn't the Hogwarts engine on the front. It was on the Scarborough line.

Futureheads - Hounds Of Love
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:56 am

I know what you mean about the cottage. I make sure I never have anything electrical in the garage. I want to make so it that if civilization breaks down then I would go in there and there would be no difference. Really it's like a well decorated storage area. It is nice to come out of there though and back into the warm. All it lacks in there is one of those Delacroix wood burning stoves with the metal chimney coming out of it. It has wooden doors not an up and over door and it's longer than the average garage. It's an ongoing project.

I'll be bringing Cupid in to paint him but then putting him back in the garage to dry. I've finished the pencil outline. He looks a little bit older. I don't think I will be in there much in the winter but there is electric in there if I switch it on. It's nice in there now with the rain on the roof.

John was fascinated with an old wasps nest I've left on the ceiling. It's like a shell.

Jason Derulo - Ridin' Solo

V Catch Up

I want to paint that Van Gogh painting that's gone missing but I need more oil paints. I've already painted a rock in those colours.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:57 am

That Rubens roof in the Banqueting House. I've moved on to Botticelli now though.

I'll come back in later. Peak time.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:07 am

It definitely wasn't Hogwarts. I was coming back from the town and I had a good view of the line. It was different to the real one. I checked the photo I took. The one on Friday was too much the same colour as the carriages. It was a run of the mill steam train. I knew the sound was different on Thursday. They've moved the real Hogwarts somewhere else. Disappointing the kids. They won't be fooled.

They've put more runs on as well. Cashing in. I could hear it coming from miles away before. It sounded great. Creepy Smile

Jason Derulo - Watcha Say

Charles I was beheaded for buying too much art. Cromwell sold off all his pictures but he couldn't sell the ceiling. It's the only Rubens ceiling painting left in the world. The rest of the palace burnt down. I want to see his clouds.
Back to top Go down
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Sgt Fury

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:21 am

I'm pretty sure Helen said she saw sketches of the ceiling in the Tate Collection when she visited, worth over half a million pounds. She keeps starting to draw things but never finishes.
I've pointed out that our ceiling needs painting but the hints fall on deaf ears.

He said the engine and train were a rusty red/brown colour. Not attractive.

The Fall - Your Future Our Clutter
Back to top Go down
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Sgt Fury

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:34 am

The Melvins - Punch The Lion

Late finish tonight due to some mix-up in Amsterdam. I offered to go sort it out but got a 'no'
Back to top Go down
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Sgt Fury

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:09 am

Tool - Parabola

Amsterdam next Wednesday. Strictly business.

Hah !
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:10 am

I liked Amsterdam. I never did go to the Van Gogh museum. I'll have to look at the Tate Collection online but it's too far out to visit in London. We went on the boat last time. They charge extra for exhibitions anyway. I will have a look sometime. We are heading for the Banqueting House time.

Jason Derulo is my new Personal Trainer. Those backing dancers are great. I don’t think I’ll ever get to that standard but I’ll give it a go.

Channel 4 won’t let me tape it. Sad I can tape the sound but it distorts the picture. I have it for a few more days of it anyway. I can still use it but it just won’t be as good. He sings about the roof caving in. I know what that’s like.

It’s at 19 minutes on the 24 minute one.

Jason Derulo – Whatcha Say

It was a noisier train today but it was black. It still wasn’t the original Hogwarts. There wasn’t as much smoke. Maybe it broke down.. I’m on Hogwarts Watch. I'll get the binoculars out tomorrow.

It looked a bit like the Haworth train. I’ve been on that one ages ago. It was great when it went round the corners and you could lean out and see the front. You could ring up and see what’s happening. They won’t be able to lie to you. That's if you were thinking of going.

I found some sloes. I’m making sloe vodka(t). What I thought were blueberries at Fairburn were really sloes. A woman at the library identified them for me. I thought you had to wait until the frost was on them but she says not. She says they aren’t quite ripe but I put them in anyway. You just add sloes and sugar.

(I made loads of mistakes in that - had to edit)

Last edited by harmar on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:11 am

Cupid is looking good. I'm putting some roses around him as well as the Botticelli flowers.

Muse - Neutron Star Collision
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:19 am

I'll be on my way to London when you are on your way to Amsterdam.

International jet setters. Creepy Smile

Florence & The Machine - You Got The Love
Back to top Go down
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Sgt Fury

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:40 am

The Tate isn't too far out is it ? I walked past it after getting off the tube at St Pauls...

Two days in Amsterdam won't allow any time for sightseeing. All the best bits pass me by anyway - I'm a Heathen.

Tool - The Patient
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:37 pm

It depends which Tate. There are three. It could be Tate Britain or maybe saw an exhibition.

I'm still reading the Van Gogh letters. I'm copying his sketches as I go along. I'm onto the third massive volume. They are so dusty I will be glad when I've finished them. He has given me some ideas for my Cupid. He just confirms usually what I'm already thinking. I hope I can finish it by Friday. I don't really like keeping them.

Vampire Weekend - White Sky

All he ever wanted to do was to cover the cost of his paint and canvases and eventually make some money for Theo. He thought fame would have held him back.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:08 am

No. It was the black one again. I looked through the binoculars. He didn’t even pull the whistle. That wasn’t Hogwarts. School holidays nearly over. Hogwarts back in the shed. He looked good though in his flat cap, stood at the front, leaning on the side. He must have been resting from shovelling in the coal. He was looking up here.

John said that Daft Punk start with Close Encounters AND come out of a Pyramid. I doubt they had an alien face stage though.

Daft Punk – Let Me Love You Boy
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:13 am

This is the ceiling.

http://www.courtauld.ac.uk/supporting/friends/eventsarchive.shtml

The Linkin Park one might grow on me.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:35 am

They are worth 11m not half a million. Tate Britain was offered them for 6m.

They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

You Me At Six - Stay With Me

http://www.hrp.org.uk/NewsAndMedia/bhpressresources/TatecampaigntosaveRubenssketch.aspx
Back to top Go down
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Sgt Fury

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:36 am

I checked with Alan. He says that they couldn't run the proper Hogwarts train because the gauge was wrong in many places. It's sitting in the Museum at York. Which I should have noticed really Embarassed
A series of other "quality" steam locos are being used instead. £38 for a round trip. £10 for kids.

If we do it I'll wave out of the window Creepy Smile

Sparks - It Ain't 1918
Back to top Go down
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Sgt Fury

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:37 am

I've been reminded that it's the Tate Modern near St Pauls. Hideous building.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:25 pm

I can never find my way in there. I only make it to the bottom place. It's like a maze.

Everything I draw is worth at least 11m but I'm not prepared to sell.

I give them away sometimes. John wants a watercolour Ghostbusters one.

I value that around 20m.

One Night Stand - Say You Don't Want It

I knew I knew her from somewhere. Hermoine.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:35 am

I'm sure that was the real Hogwarts train before. It was very similar if it wasn't.

The Laurel cherries are nearly ripe. I'm not sure I can trust Wikipedia but they do make nice chewy toasted sandwiches.

Deadsy - Brand New Love

Do Linkin Park mean the turntable is the Catalyst? They might do.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:38 am

Tool - Eulogy
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:44 am

It's at Tate Britain now.

This work is currently on display at

Venue Tate Britain
Theme British Art 1500 -1900
Room Tudor and Stuart Portraiture (Room 2)

Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:46 am

I'm there a few days. Creepy Smile

Lou Reed - Street Hassle
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:50 am

Jodie wanted to see the Lady of Shalott last time but it was being lent out so she will want to go.

http://www.tate.org.uk/servlet/ViewWork?workid=15984
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Are You Listening to [regular edition]
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next