ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What comics are you all reading?

Go down 
+6
AceCombat
Spectral Knight
kimdealslover
elprawn
O Goncho
Tired-Hippo
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

What comics are you all reading? Empty
PostSubject: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 6:55 am

Awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 8:17 am

If you insist.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 8:23 am

Mind Control
Back to top Go down
elprawn
Internet Villain
Internet Villain
elprawn

Number of posts : 462

PostSubject: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 5:32 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 5:42 pm

Oh god no.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 12:04 pm

The Boys by Garth Ennis or at least I will be when the torr---postman... gets it here.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male
Number of posts : 1461

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 3:01 pm

I didn't like The Boys at all. It's sort of a one trick pony that runs out of ideas after the initial story arc.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 3:05 pm

'Your download is now complete'

Great timing, KDL Disheartened
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:13 am

Yep. Don't get me wrong. It's pretty funny and each character has their moments, but the stories all sort of follow the same premise. Awesome superhero has awful sexual secret (or worse), The Boys are sent into investigate, cue hilarity and murder, new guy who looks like Simon Pegg learns something at the end of the day. Repeat. It kind of ran out of steam after that and it reminded me too much of Ennis' work on The Authority.

But that's just, y'know...mmmmmy opinion.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 5:51 am

Through the first arc and the first issue of the next with Tek-Knight (lol), and I can already see what you mean. It is relentless in its depiction of superheroes as utter sex-mad bastards, but as of yet I'm still enjoying it (again, Tek-Knight - LOL). Very mean spirited though, and that Billy the Butcher is as bland a character design as they come, almost feels like I'm reading a Mark Millar comic at times, but it's far more offensive and entertaining than he could manage so I'll retract that.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 5:58 am

...maybe we need a comic thread.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 6:04 am

No...no...Nooo! Not like this... OH invisible shoulder-bunnies NO, NOT LIKE THIS.

Oh noes!
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 6:06 am

I wanna pick up the first Phonogram volume 2 issues. The scumbags are releasing with the single back-up stories that won't be reprinted in the trade release. That's just cruel. Sad

I've not bought a TPB in over a month otherwise.
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female
Number of posts : 8855

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 6:09 am

finished the 4th Tanatophobia last night, and waiting for the 5th one to come out...
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:33 am

Penny Arcade - The Case of the Mummy's Gold (2003-2004 collection)

I love Penny Arcade. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:35 am

Issue 10 of the Boys and still not hating it. I like the whole meta-comic cliche attacking and embracing.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 11:34 am

I have gotten kind of tired of the Boys after the second story finished, so now I'm reading the Walking Dead. Up to issue 8 and I must say... fan-fucking-tastic comic.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 1:57 pm

Yeah...about The Walking Dead too.

Runs. Out. Of. Steam. Real. Quick.

Try 100 Bullets instead.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 1:58 pm

AWWW CAWM AWWWWN Mad

Up to issue 11 so far and I'm still hooked, hopefully YOU'RE DAMNED WRONG, MAAAN.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 2:02 pm

Seriously, when they get to the prison it just has nowhere to go, so they introduce a townful of psychos out to kill them and yadda yadda yadda. They knew they fucked up when they killed half the cast (not that like someone doesn't die every 2-3 issues) and reset it back to the sheriff and his kid wandering America recently.

Poor fucking show.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 2:09 pm

...well, damn.

...Still gonna read it till I can read's no more though.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 2:15 pm

Didn't you say that about The Boys?

I haven't been reading much in the way of comics recently, but nothing's really caught my eye. The only thing that did this week was the fact Spawn was at issue 247...WHO'S STILL BUYING SPAWN?!
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 2:16 pm

Disheartened Yes I did say that about the Boys.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 10:28 am

Okay, so, yeah, I gave up on The Walking Dead too, but I was still into it, I just got distracted and never went back.

I'm reading the Goon now. Do not tell me it runs out of steam 6 issues in.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 10:50 am

Kimdealslover wrote:
Fraid it does
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? Empty

Back to top Go down

What comics are you all reading?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ಠ_ಠ :: Forums :: WTV3-
Jump to: