ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best Films of the 00's - so far

Go down 
+13
lobster_johnson
Hector
Fu Manchu
Benicio Del Roro
Tired-Hippo
mrblackbat
P
ReDfEsTeR
Eve
r new pal
BRYN_BORANGA
kimdealslover
O Goncho
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 3:58 am

Typos....the defense of those who have failed.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

Number of posts : 3412

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 4:02 am

tiredhippo wrote:
Typos....the defense of those who have failed.

I was mocking your typo...
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 4:11 am

Yes....yes you were.....why address the point that was made when you can shit yourself over a missing letter....
Back to top Go down
Benicio Del Roro
Affable Scamp
Affable Scamp

Male
Number of posts : 750

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 4:38 am

1. 25th Hour
2. Amores Perros
3. Punch-Drunk Love
4. Children of Men
5. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Notable mentions to:

There Will Be Blood, Gangs of New York, The Aviator, Superbad, Pan's Labyrinth, Control.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 4:38 am

tiredhippo wrote:
Yes....yes you were.....why address the point that was made when you can shit yourself over a missing letter....

This magical thing called "humour".
Back to top Go down
r new pal
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
r new pal

Male
Number of posts : 4943

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 4:57 am

American Gangster
Back to top Go down
Fu Manchu
Evangelist
Evangelist
Fu Manchu

Male
Number of posts : 2456

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 5:24 am

Pans Labyrinth for sure.

also Transformers - a good film in disguise Sad
Back to top Go down
http://fumanchu.synthasite.com/bootlegs.php
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 5:50 am

mrblackbat wrote:
I'm not really sure you have a right to comment when you include the Bourne Supremacy in your list(s).
Lucky for us both then that I am sure.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 5:52 am

Fu Manchu wrote:
Transformers - a good film in disguise Sad
I wish I agreed Sad I really do. If only the entire movie had been as cool as Starscream Vs. the Jets...
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 5:53 am

O Goncho wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
I'm not really sure you have a right to comment when you include the Bourne Supremacy in your list(s).
Lucky for us both then that I am sure I have the right.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:19 am

O Goncho wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:

'twas a very shit film.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:20 am

mrblackbat wrote:
O Goncho wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:

'twas a very shit film.
I disagree, and my penis is much bigger than yours.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:22 am

Wouldn't be hard. No pun intended.

But seriously, rubbish film. That completely ignored the original plot, which was rather good.
Back to top Go down
Hector
Consigliere
Consigliere

Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:23 am

Which one was Supremacy: 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

All were awesome.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:26 am

2nd. It wasn't really helped that they killed Conklin off in the first film, what with him being a major character in Supremacy....

I can't remember, but do they even mention his real name in the films?
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:27 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Wouldn't be hard. No pun intended.

But seriously, rubbish film. That completely ignored the original plot, which was rather good.
Just because there was no need for a sequel doesn't mean it isn't better than the original. The original plot was wrapped up as neatly as can be in the first film, but it's also easily the worst of the three.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:28 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Yeah, in the second and third.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:29 am

There was a need for the sequel. It just needed to be set in Hong Kong, like the sequel to the Bourne Identity actually is. And be about someone impersonating Jason Bourne in order to get the Kuomintang back in power....
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:31 am

O Goncho wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
Yeah, in the second and third.

That's a plus at least.

To be honest, I'd have probably liked the films if they'd just called them something else; they're far enough away from the novels that they could have got away with it. I never even watched the third cause the second was that bad.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:32 am

mrblackbat wrote:
There was a need for the sequel. It just needed to be set in Hong Kong, like the sequel to the Bourne Identity actually is. And be about someone impersonating Jason Bourne in order to get the Kuomintang back in power....
I haven't read the books; I doubt Paul Greengrass has either. If you're disgruntled because they're so different to the books that's understandable, but it doesn't make them shit films.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:32 am

I think we just inadvertantly agreed.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:33 am

Not really...he just said that he never watched the third because the second was so bad....
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:34 am

Yes, but the expectations are there, and when they're not even close to being fulfilled then it annoys and detracts from anything good about the films.

It'd have been like if in the Lord of the Rings, Bilbo is the one who goes to Sauron, and rather than a ring it's a picnic basket. In fact, Sauron probably wouldn't even have been in it. Or elves.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:41 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Yes, but the expectations are there, and when they're not even close to being fulfilled then it annoys and detracts from anything good about the films.

It'd have been like if in the Lord of the Rings, Bilbo is the one who goes to Sauron, and rather than a ring it's a picnic basket. In fact, Sauron probably wouldn't even have been in it. Or elves.
It would have, if as many people knew the Bourne novels as new Lord of the Rings. The vast majority (myself obviously included) could enjoy them as films without worrying about whether they were faithful or not.

Also, Jason, you're missing the point.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:43 am

I hate you and hope you die.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Films of the 00's - so far   Best Films of the 00's - so far - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Films of the 00's - so far
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next