ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What are you all reading?

Go down 
+28
ReDfEsTeR
B
?
Elginboy
kimdealslover
Ollie
Spectral Knight
ignitableduck
Fu Manchu
ginwai
Eve
b3ni
PennyRT
mrblackbat
bidders
BRYN_BORANGA
elprawn
Resurrection_Tokyo
Benicio Del Roro
Char
Hector
Narg
Goostaph
tinkapeel
Shamone Slime
AceCombat
O Goncho
Tired-Hippo
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male
Number of posts : 1461

What are you all reading? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:45 pm

I think Roland deserved what he got in the end (he's a pretty un-redeemable character and learns his mistakes too late). But the way it happened was really lazy writing.

It's probably the biggest cop-out since the Ring trilogy. I'll save you the bother:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:48 pm

They stole the idea from dot hack sign!
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:51 pm

Oh you mean the book Loop...that was written in 1998?

You know...like The Da Vinci Code that ripped off Broken Sword...even though the symbolism idea was already done in Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade in 1989.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:54 pm

I'm sorry I'm not on the same level of nerdiness as you Disheartened
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:59 pm

kimdealslover wrote:
I think Roland deserved what he got in the end (he's a pretty un-redeemable character and learns his mistakes too late). But the way it happened was really lazy writing.

It's probably the biggest cop-out since the Ring trilogy. I'll save you the bother:

Spoiler:
Oy deserved better. Sad
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:05 pm

Well, Oy was destined to die, since he was basically 'lovable pet' designed to pull at heartsrings and invoke shit J-RPG humour.

I didn't miss him. I was just pissed he didn't get bumped off sooner.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:06 pm

To be fair, Oy did get a pretty badass send-off. Saying that reminds me of another massive fuck-up in the books though - just what the fuck was he thinking with the irrelevant, random spider baby?
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:22 pm

I don't get it either. I suspect that Susannah was meant to die after she shagged that spirit from when they rescued Jake; but I think King listened to how how much the fanboys loved her, so he had to change her dying (which she was!) into her being pregnant.

Problem with Flagg was that he was so powerful by the end because of The Stand, Eye of the Dragon and his past in Roland's world that King couldn't really write a defeat without it looking implausible (magician vs gunslinger...nuff said). So we had this stupid man/spider bollocks instead.

Utter wank.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:27 pm

Fucking hell, even bringing up the mutant brat didn't remind me of the poor man in black who fled across the desert. Poor guy got totally shafted.

God, remembering how much this series pissed me off has pissed me off. I'm going to go explode the heads of some raiders. Mad
Back to top Go down
tinkapeel
Mentor
Mentor
tinkapeel

Female
Number of posts : 6070

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:16 pm

Finished Lady Chatterly's Lover today. Turns out it has a plot and EVERYTHING.
Back to top Go down
ignitableduck
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness
ignitableduck

Female
Number of posts : 5491

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:21 pm

is the plot any good?
Back to top Go down
tinkapeel
Mentor
Mentor
tinkapeel

Female
Number of posts : 6070

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:22 pm

I actually did wanted to know what happened to them, and not just their willies and lady parts.
Back to top Go down
ignitableduck
ignitableduck

Female
Number of posts : 5491

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:25 pm

always a sign of a good book.
Back to top Go down
B
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
B

Female
Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:45 pm

STFUSTFUSTFU I haven't even read book 2 yet!!! I'm not opening this thread again till i've read them all. I hate boys. Sad
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:46 pm

I put a bloody big red spoiler warning in the first post to start discussing stuff!

Feisty Wario
Back to top Go down
B
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
B

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:47 pm

yes but that was a page back and I read this page first :-(
Back to top Go down
B
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
B

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:50 pm

P.S I was in between books, and about to start 'The birthing house' By Christopher Ransom but i've hastily put it back on the shelf and picked up 'The drawing of the Three.'
Back to top Go down
Hector
Consigliere
Consigliere

Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:50 pm

Fraser's revenge for The Prestige.
Back to top Go down
B
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
B

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:51 pm

The prestige?
Back to top Go down
Hector
Consigliere
Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:52 pm

Apparently you spoiled The Prestige for him.
Back to top Go down
B
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
B

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:53 pm

The film or the book?
Back to top Go down
Hector
Consigliere
Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:54 pm

The film.
Back to top Go down
B
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
B

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:55 pm

Oh. The book is better by miles and its completely different. Completely different end too, so he should just read that and forget the film.
Back to top Go down
ROCK AND ROLL
Evangelist
Evangelist
ROCK AND ROLL

Male
Number of posts : 2412

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 7:47 am

kimdealslover wrote:
The ending is pretty much the same as Black House with the 'here's another chapter...it's shitty what happens, but you don't have to read it!' bullshit. Why would you not read it? That's what usually happens in a book!

I think King's early stuff is pretty decent. I think the last decent one he ever did was Desperation. Em really liked his last full novel, Lisey's Story; but nowadays he just watches stuff off late night TV and writes it as his own (see: Cell).

I thought the cell was good. I'm still reading lisey's story. it's very slow paced.
Back to top Go down
B
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
B

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 8:53 am

Liseys story drags on till about 3/4's through, then it gets graphic, and interesting. Not as good as insomnia though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you all reading?
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next