ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

does it bother you when people don't text back?

Go down 
+6
Fuckpencil
Spectral Knight
ROCK AND ROLL
Someone with nowt to say
ignitableduck
B
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Does it get on your nerves when people don't reply to you?
yes
does it bother you when people don't text back? Vote_lcap40%does it bother you when people don't text back? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
no
does it bother you when people don't text back? Vote_lcap60%does it bother you when people don't text back? Vote_rcap
 60% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
B
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
B

Female
Number of posts : 1268

does it bother you when people don't text back? Empty
PostSubject: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:29 pm

Out of curiosity. Is it too much to expect a reply?

haha.
Back to top Go down
ignitableduck
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness
ignitableduck

Female
Number of posts : 5491

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:31 pm

if they take longer than twenty minutes just go to their house and ask WHY.
Back to top Go down
Someone with nowt to say
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Someone with nowt to say

Female
Number of posts : 1371

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:33 pm

That entirely depends on the text.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:36 pm

Depends on the person and the reputation of the person regarding their ability to text back.
Back to top Go down
ROCK AND ROLL
Evangelist
Evangelist
ROCK AND ROLL

Male
Number of posts : 2412

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:37 pm

it's either cos they're
-out of credit
-asleep
-having a personal crisis
-wankerrrrrrrrr
-problem with phone company
-problem with phone
-etc
Back to top Go down
ROCK AND ROLL
Evangelist
Evangelist
ROCK AND ROLL

Male

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:39 pm

i used to get anxiety attacks over this but i drew out a massive cyclic CBT diagram with over 20 reasons for why people don't text back and eventually worked out that it was bothering me because of the uncertainty have i/haven;t i undergone some sort of rejection. it pretty much shifted over night, not quite sure why. i still get it a little bit with potential dates but even then it's pretty easy peasy to deal with now.
Back to top Go down
B
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
B

Female

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:39 pm

it's too far away and I dont drive yet. I sent the message about 12 hours ago to ask if he felt better after the previous day, where he went on an all night bender and texted me at bloody 4am! If he can text me at 4am, the least he could do is reply when I say hello Sad

yeah, I know, i'm being picky blah blah blah.

it was just a general question though to be honest, because I saw a load of groups on facebook about hating people who don't reply. hate is a bit strong for not replying to a text!

but my other friend didnt reply to my text either. she asked me to send her something, so I asked for the email address and got no reply.
Back to top Go down
ignitableduck
ignitableduck

Female

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:41 pm

i never text back to people, i read it, and then i'm like 'yeah i'll text back in a minute' then i always forget and have to lie about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:43 pm

I was talking to somebody earlier and they said "I'm shit at replying, if I don't reply just text me again and again until I do".

Not that I'm suggesting you do that, but just showing that some people are crap at replying.
Back to top Go down
ROCK AND ROLL
Evangelist
Evangelist
ROCK AND ROLL

Male

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:45 pm

Parrot wrote:
but my other friend didnt reply to my text either. she asked me to send her something, so I asked for the email address and got no reply.

that's her problem not yours.
Back to top Go down
B
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
B

Female

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:45 pm

Yeah, i've noticed with some people. I don't get it though. If I get a text, I have to reply to it. it bugs me if I don't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:46 pm

Depending on who it is I tend to wait at least half an hour to pretend that I've got better things to do than reply to their texts straight away.
Back to top Go down
ROCK AND ROLL
Evangelist
Evangelist
ROCK AND ROLL

Male

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:48 pm

Winslow wrote:
Depending on who it is I tend to wait at least half an hour to pretend that I've got better things to do than reply to their texts straight away.

no point.

if i like them, i don't reply to their texts at all.

then usually, they message me, text me, phone me get obsessed until i give them attention. dangle the carrot lolz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:50 pm

But if you don't reply at all aren't they going to get sick of texting you without getting a response and eventually wont bother?
Back to top Go down
ignitableduck
ignitableduck

Female

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:52 pm

no. ive got this weird stalker man who has been texting me at least once a week for nearly a year now and i've not replied once since i found out whos number it was.
Back to top Go down
B
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
B

Female

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:53 pm

can't you block his number?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:53 pm

ignitableduck wrote:
no. ive got this weird stalker man who has been texting me at least once a week for nearly a year now and i've not replied once since i found out whos number it was.

Ah stalkers are different, I was meaning regular people who don't want to be perceived as stalkers.
Back to top Go down
ignitableduck
ignitableduck

Female

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:54 pm

dunno, can i? ive just got used to it now. all he says is "hi megan how u doin" or "hi megan remember me lol" so its not much of a nuisance.
Back to top Go down
B
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
B

Female

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:55 pm

ah ok. I think so, but I can't remember. Ive never really had to block someone's number - I just got new phones and didnt give the person I was avoiding, my new number.
Back to top Go down
ignitableduck
ignitableduck

Female

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:59 pm

as long as he doesn't remember where i live it'll be a-ok i'm sure.
Back to top Go down
B
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
B

Female

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 7:04 pm

He knows where you live?
Back to top Go down
ignitableduck
ignitableduck

Female

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 7:08 pm

i dunno, it's kind of a long story. i was out and he was apparently out with the same group of people, but i dont remember speaking to him or anything, and then he must have asked someone for my number then a few weeks later i was walking home and ran into him right by my house and he stopped to talk to me so he saw me go in. but that was like, a year ago.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:39 pm

It don't normally bother me. It only irritates me when the person is all 'oh make sure you text me tomorrow' and all that shite, and when you do they don't bother. You've wasted my time, effort and money luv. Saying that, I don't always reply myself.
Back to top Go down
Fuckpencil
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
Fuckpencil

Male
Number of posts : 3220

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:43 am

I usually reply to a text within twenty four hours, only switching my mobile on perhaps three times in the average day.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 1:30 am

What happens if someone wants to ring you, Fucky? Do you not see the benefit of a mobile which is switched on throughout the day?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does it bother you when people don't text back?   does it bother you when people don't text back? Empty

Back to top Go down

does it bother you when people don't text back?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ಠ_ಠ :: Forums :: WTV3-
Jump to: