ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:19 am

Marvel was always a bit more down to Earth than DC for years (things like the GC Corps and the whole Flash clan seemed a complete joke), and they didn't do the big canon changing annual crisis, then it went a bit Pete Tong with some of the retcons or going overboard on annual events. Think is, all there go-to guys in editorial either walked out, or died. No-one's really keeping a massive lid on things, as Joey Q is nowt but a pretty talented penciller. Know they're raking it in currently, but it's an the expense of stories.

Saying that...when they don't try and do 'let's change everything' arcs, they've still knocked out some really good stories. The first Annihilation was packed solid as an event, but never felt wrong...everything seemed to fit together wonderfully and with respect to previous stories.

One More Day wasn't actually a mini series btw - it was mainly self contained in the regular Amazing series.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:42 am

Does this mean you won't be reading the rest of Preacher, Maayan?

For shame.
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female
Number of posts : 8855

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:13 am

No, it means that you're going to find me torrents of the next preacher... I want to have hardcopies of all kinds, and torrent the rest of the ones I like.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male
Number of posts : 1461

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:19 am

I must be the only guy in the world who never really got into Preacher.

I liked it and read it from begginning to end, but I dunno...I just couldn't LOVE it.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:28 am

kimdealslover wrote:
I must be the only guy in the world who never really got into Preacher.

I liked it and read it from begginning to end, but I dunno...I just couldn't LOVE it.
Yes, you are. What the hell is the matter with you? JEEZ. Unimpressed
Back to top Go down
ginwai
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness
ginwai

Number of posts : 5066

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:30 am

i'm reading Prelude To An Overkill which came free with House Of The Dead: Overkill. it's like a rubbish version of Sin City.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male
Number of posts : 1461

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 7:09 am

O Goncho wrote:
Yes, you are. What the hell is the matter with you? JEEZ. Unimpressed

I think you'll find my suggestions more than make up for a lack of Preacher love.

ginwai wrote:
i'm reading Prelude To An Overkill which came free with House Of The Dead: Overkill. it's like a rubbish version of Sin City.

Sin City was good?!
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

Number of posts : 5066

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 7:47 am

IN MY HUMBLE ONION, YES.

scuse caps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ಠ_ಠ :: Forums :: WTV3-
Jump to: