ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Resource-Based Economy

Go down 
+12
Spectral Knight
kimdealslover
ReDfEsTeR
ignitableduck
ROCK AND ROLL
Narg
b3ni
Fuckpencil
?
Tired-Hippo
harmar
bidders
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
?
Sage
Sage
?

Male
Number of posts : 1583

Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 6:17 am

Also if I learnt anything from working in a supermarket it was just how much fucking food goes to waste simply because of greed and one company trying to outdo the other.
All that food that gets throw away every fucking day could have been shared out with people that need it the most.
Back to top Go down
b3ni
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness

Male
Number of posts : 5145

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 6:18 am

Spatchcock wrote:
Also if I learnt anything from working in a supermarket it was just how much fucking food goes to waste simply because of greed and one company trying to outdo the other.
All that food that gets throw away every fucking day could have been shared out with people that need it the most.

word up
Back to top Go down
http://www.goatsemarathon.com
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male
Number of posts : 1461

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 6:21 am

You remind me of the guy who made that film in uni about how he thought of all the third world kids that made his converse when he bought a pair.
Back to top Go down
?
Sage
Sage
?

Male

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 6:49 am

Empathy can be a real bitch.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:53 am

Spatchcock wrote:
Spectral Knight wrote:
It doesn't matter though, really - all currency is is an easy way to understand what the resources are worth. Swapping tins of beans for houses, say, becomes a bit hard when you don't have a unit which signifies what either a tin of beans or a house is worth independently.

Swapping tins of beans for houses is barter though.
If you can get it into your head that there really is no need for barter to take place because there is already enough to go round food wise, etc, or at least there would be if people worked together instead of in a competitive manner.
You don't need to worry about having to trade one thing for another, because the other thing is already assessable to you.

It has nothing to do with food or resources at all - but the human element. Why would one person decide to take time out of his day to go and give someone else food, or a service, or a product. If that person is comfortable, he's happy, and doesn't take into account the concerns of anything but near neighbours unless heavily guilt-tripped into it. Average joe likes being ignorant of Token Poverty Victim,.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

Number of posts : 3412

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:12 am

The funniest thing about this whole thread, that we're in a resource based economy.....
Back to top Go down
?
Sage
Sage
?

Male

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Not in sense of what's implied in the original post.
We're in a monetary economy that crudely represents available resources, well it doesn't at all really if you think about it...

It's called cooperation, SK.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

Number of posts : 7271

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:29 pm

It's like we are in the decline of the Roman Empire now anyway.

It's good to have ideas but I'm thinking more Mad Max.

Maybe I'm just being defeatist.
Back to top Go down
?
Sage
Sage
?

Male

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:40 pm

Yeah, getting caught in the problems rather than seeing the potential probably isn't a good way to look at things.

I find it funny how you seem to have a great deal of respect for that Jesus dude, SK, yet you don't seem to wanna take anything on board that he supposedly said.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:44 pm

He said it would be horrible for the people in' those days'.

Sounds a bit Mad Max.
Back to top Go down
?
Sage
Sage
?

Male

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:45 pm

Loose the max.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Loose or lose?

Loose the Max has an entirely different meaning.

Loose the max means let it rip.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:52 pm

It would be a hard job to get people to vote for a moneyless society.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
The Lobsters Claw of Bile
The Lobsters Claw of Bile
lobster_johnson

Male
Number of posts : 4868

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:53 pm

i think 'loose the max' should be the new quote at the top of the page.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/bantha_fodder
?
Sage
Sage
?

Male

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:55 pm

My bad, lose.
Depends what the benefits are really.
Back to top Go down
?
Sage
Sage
?

Male

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:56 pm

bantha_fodder+ wrote:
i think 'loose the max' should be the new quote at the top of the page.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:58 pm

It depends if this is a hiccup or its the biggie.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Spatchcock sending down the four horses of the apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 1:46 pm

Spatchcock wrote:
It's called cooperation, SK.

Which has worked brilliantly so far...

Spatchcock wrote:
I find it funny how you seem to have a great deal of respect for that Jesus dude, SK, yet you don't seem to wanna take anything on board that he supposedly said.

Then you've missed the point completely. What I said is a reflection of the wider populace, most people are selfish cunts - my cynicism for others' motivations has nothing to do with my own behaviour, and I'm not gonna go out my way to preach to others on how they should live their life either.
Back to top Go down
?
Sage
Sage
?

Male

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 1:50 pm

Keep on fucking them girls in alley ways, son.
You'll do Jesus proud. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tinkapeel
Mentor
Mentor
tinkapeel

Female
Number of posts : 6070

PostSubject: Re: Resource-Based Economy   Resource-Based Economy - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:33 pm