ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?

Go down 
+23
ReDfEsTeR
lobster_johnson
kimdealslover
bidders
Elginboy
Tired-Hippo
BRYN_BORANGA
ROCK AND ROLL
Someone with nowt to say
Ollie
AllYourBase
tinkapeel
b3ni
Hector
Scarlet Rope
Fuckpencil
Goostaph
Sgt Fury
harmar
ginwai
Spectral Knight
ignitableduck
mrblackbat
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Yes
Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 Vote_lcap52%Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 Vote_rcap
 52% [ 12 ]
No
Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 Vote_lcap48%Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 Vote_rcap
 48% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:29 am

WHAT!

I want a fucking recount, the winner must be an argument I was involved with.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
The Lobsters Claw of Bile
lobster_johnson

Male
Number of posts : 4868

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:30 am

BRYN_BORANGA wrote:
WINNER: MOST BORING ARGUMENT 2009

i will actually bet you IRL money that there will be a more boring argument than this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/bantha_fodder
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:30 am

No there won't, bantha.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

Number of posts : 3412

Yes there will!
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:31 am

Won't.
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male
Number of posts : 4880

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:32 am

Actually, bantha's probably right. AS FUCKING USUAL.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male
Number of posts : 4868

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:33 am

Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/bantha_fodder
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:33 am

Blackbat, your entire argument is flawed.

You're saying strip the idea of sovereign power and borders, and operate on a global basis. Now how would you say this utopia is managed? No laws at all, or laws dictated on the basis of the many (i.e. a global democracy with majority rule?)

Either is fundamentally flawed - no laws at all would create a violent society where the strong take from the weak - an anarachist society will never benefit those who wish to live in peace and unity due to the fact we've already established that there exists individuals in society who'll commit abuses against their neighbours for the sake of greed and power.

Now a society where everything is decided on a global scale means only those with current wealth/power (i.e, the Western nations, Russia, China, Japan and arguably the tiger economies of the East) will make decisions for the rest of the world. Do they really give a shit if half of Africa starves? No, they've already shown that. It'd end up completely inhumane.

At least the idea of sovereign nations fosters a stronger desire to help common mankind (if only those who you share a given area of land with) than those with no affinity at all but to the same species.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:34 am

Nope, I think SK just proved bantha wrong......
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:34 am

I disagree with you fundamentally. I think perhaps I have a better opinion of mankind than you do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:36 am

mrblackbat wrote:
So don't transfer our laws.

This is just going to go round in circles really, we're in the West, we have Western laws which other cultures would not be comfortable with, similarly they have laws we wouldn't be comfortable with. My point was that it'd be very difficult to make global laws that will satisfy everybody.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:37 am

Winslow wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:

This is just going to go round in circles really, we're in the West, we have Western laws which other cultures would not be comfortable with, similarly they have laws we wouldn't be comfortable with. My point was that it'd be very difficult to make global laws that will satisfy everybody.

Hey, I could drop another bombshell on you and ask why you want laws.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:38 am

Now you're just trying to make his brain melt...for shame.
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:39 am

I'm with Blackbat. We don't need laws. And as soon as we establish our anarchic paradise, I for one am heading straight for the playground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:40 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Winslow wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:

Hey, I could drop another bombshell on you and ask why you want laws.... Very Happy

I want laws so that nobody can stab my to death whenever they feel like it and not face any reprecussions tongue
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:40 am

mrblackbat wrote:
I disagree with you fundamentally. I think perhaps I have a better opinion of mankind than you do.

Meh, my opinion's been shaped by what's happening across the world currently. Don't get me wrong, the majority of mankind probably does want to do right by the most, but there's just too much of a minority who don't give two shits about anyone else to ignore in the attempt of forming a common utopia. They continue to fuck it up for everyone, hence why we need laws, law enforcement, international treaties and armed forces in the first place. Unless you can find a way of elminating greed, corruption and the desire to improve one's status through degradation of others, it's a complete fucking fantasy.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:41 am

It's not a complete fantasy at all; you just need to address those issues man! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:42 am

Hold on a minute; are you saying that Blackbat's vision of a world without borders or laws is just a fantasy?
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:43 am

BRYN_BORANGA wrote:
Hold on a minute; are you saying that Blackbat's vision of a world without borders or laws is just a fantasy?

I think I am...

How would you address those issues, Blackbat, oh saviour of the human race?
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:43 am

Miracles.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:44 am

Not possible.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:44 am

Yeah they are; you just said I'm the saviour of the human race - I've read all that religious stuff and in them all those saviour chaps can do all sorts of miracles!
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:46 am

Haha.

Think that's this one won for me then, fella.
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:46 am

Right, where's the WTV scorebook? Someone needs to note this down.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:47 am

On a serious note, to achieve those goals you have to start down the road of globalisation. Take the EU for example - already assisting with poverty in Eastern Europe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next