ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

scambaiting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lobster_johnson
The Lobsters Claw of Bile
The Lobsters Claw of Bile
lobster_johnson

Male
Number of posts : 4868

scambaiting Empty
PostSubject: scambaiting   scambaiting EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 6:09 pm

i read an article about scambaiting some years ago and thought it was pretty funny but i didn't realise its full potential for lulz until i found (via stumbleupon) this hefty thread.

it chronicles the story of a nigerian scammer who calls himself 'martins cole', being taken for a ride over a period of several months. the scam basically involves cole ordering shipments of laptops, claiming to be a legitimate dealer but pays in fraudulent cheques. the baiter (going by the name 'wilson tarbuckles') agrees to send him the laptops, so long as cole pays the shipping costs.

in actual fact he sends a heavy box of rubbish and broken laptop bits (which, of course, cole has paid for to be shipped) leading cole to become ever more irate and eventually sending increasingly bizarre death threats (via email and in crazy broken english) to tarbuckles which involve the 'CLIQUE MOB' and the 'GOVENER OF YOUR STATE' (cole knows him personally) who know where tarbuckles lives and are coming round to 'DEAD' him if he does not send the laptops immediately.

the whole thing seems a tad unbelievable, given the apparent stupidity of cole but i've no real reason to think it's made up.

anyway, read it. i did and i lol'd hard.

PS i don't know where this thread is going really, i just wanted to share the link and where else am i going to put it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/bantha_fodder

scambaiting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ಠ_ಠ :: Forums :: Bile-
Jump to: