ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards

Go down 
+16
kimdealslover
Tired-Hippo
bidders
blackangel56
Resurrection_Tokyo
ReDfEsTeR
Narg
Benicio Del Roro
AceCombat
BRYN_BORANGA
Spectral Knight
david
Eve
Fu Manchu
O Goncho
Shaunography
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards   You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 3:42 am

What defines fandom, for you L.Prawn?

What are you the biggest fan of on here, anyway?
Back to top Go down
r new pal
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
r new pal

Male
Number of posts : 4943

PostSubject: Re: You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards   You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 4:19 am

Fandom? How much you like something. It can't be quantified by action because everyone has different motives for their actions and everyone uses different actions to express their appreciation of things. Only you know how much you like something, so the thread's pretty pointless, in my opinion.

I'm not sure what I'm the biggest fan of. I'm sure Cropcircle Hair probably knows and likes most of the pre 80s stuff I listen to as much as me. I've not been listening to much music since my iPod died. Post 80s stuff? Well, everyone else will probably listen to most of that.

I'll just list 5 bands you probably don't know, but should.

Anglagard, Premiata Forneria Marconi, IQ, Isildurs Bane, Camel.
Back to top Go down
Saz.
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai

Female
Number of posts : 1252

PostSubject: Re: You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards   You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 2:39 pm

DEFTONES!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male
Number of posts : 1297

PostSubject: Re: You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards   You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 3:54 am

Grass-Delegate wrote:
Doesn't make you the biggest fan. I could go out and buy all the CDs and vinyls of a band I've never listened to.

Why the hell would you do that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/shaunography
r new pal
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
r new pal

Male

PostSubject: Re: You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards   You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 10:50 am

shaunography wrote:
Grass-Delegate wrote:
Doesn't make you the biggest fan. I could go out and buy all the CDs and vinyls of a band I've never listened to.

I wouldn't. I'm just saying that it doesn't necessarily make you the biggest fan. You could just go through a phase.
Back to top Go down
Narg
Kristyn II
Kristyn II
Narg

Male
Number of posts : 1123

PostSubject: Re: You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards   You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 11:40 am

Anglagard seem ok, I remember you mentioning them before. They sound a little stuck in that whole
"Oh wow let's make awesome undulating passages which are meant to sound really different but actually have basically the same generically prog-rock ambient flute and organ sound"
sound.
Back to top Go down
r new pal
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
r new pal

Male

PostSubject: Re: You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards   You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 5:55 am

Narg wrote:
Anglagard seem ok, I remember you mentioning them before. They sound a little stuck in that whole
"Oh wow let's make awesome undulating passages which are meant to sound really different but actually have basically the same generically prog-rock ambient flute and organ sound"
sound.

You mean they use the same instruments in each song?
Back to top Go down
Narg
Kristyn II
Kristyn II
Narg

Male
Number of posts : 1123

PostSubject: Re: You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards   You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 11:53 am

Oh yes. That one always pisses me right off.
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male
Number of posts : 1297

PostSubject: Re: You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards   You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 5:27 am

Grass-Delegate wrote:
shaunography wrote:
Grass-Delegate wrote:

I wouldn't. I'm just saying that it doesn't necessarily make you the biggest fan. You could just go through a phase.

You do have a point, but not necessarily in this case
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/shaunography
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards   You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

You are the biggest [insert band] fan on the boards
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5