ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FAO Comicbook Geeks....

Go down 
+3
mrblackbat
O Goncho
AceCombat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female
Number of posts : 8855

FAO Comicbook Geeks.... Empty
PostSubject: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:32 am

I had my b-day party yesterday and 2 friends of mine bought me "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns"

apparently the dude at the store told them it was the best Batman ever, but I don't know him, so maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about...

any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

PostSubject: Re: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:40 am

It's a good re-imagining; the best thing Frank Miller has done with Batman at least. S'worth a read, but expect to think of Batman as a total douche afterwards.
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female

PostSubject: Re: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

lol, I'll be prepared....
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

Number of posts : 3412

PostSubject: Re: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Batman was ever anything else?
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:58 am

"Hi, I'm blackbat...are you passionate about something in my life...because I promise I'll try my best to shit on it.

......now for some EVE online....."
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

Number of posts : 3412

PostSubject: Re: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:59 am

You're just jealous.
Back to top Go down
r new pal
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
r new pal

Male
Number of posts : 4943

PostSubject: Re: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 10:01 am

O Goncho wrote:
It's a good re-imagining; the best thing Frank Miller has done with Batman at least. S'worth a read, but expect to think of Batman as a total douche afterwards.

And before.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:32 am

For the record, Frank Miller's a cunt.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male
Number of posts : 1461

PostSubject: Re: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:40 am

The Dark Knight Returns is great.

Dark Knight 2 is absolute shite though.

And yeah, Frank Miller is an uber-cunt.
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female

PostSubject: Re: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:42 am

cool... I'll read it when I'm less sleepy
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:43 am

Yeah...I guess you're not used to wordy stuff.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:43 am

You're always sleepy, tard.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:46 am

Have you seen what Miller's done with the Spirit? Turned the main, previously anonymous character into Samuel L Jackson, and got rid of Ebony White basically to refute racism cries. If the original so outrages current moral sensibility...don't fucking bother adapting it, it's not like there's not a million and one knock-offs of Eisner's character. Fucking mug.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:49 am

I've never liked The Spirit, but the movie just screams 'suck-ass' anyway. Probably more so than Punisher: War Zone.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:53 am

I don't like the Spirit either, but for me it's somewhat pointless adapting a story only to change key elements of what made it what it was. Hence why I abhor the Hitchiker's Movie.

As a point of note, I've fucking sat through Punisher with Thomas Jane. Fucking pile of shite that was. And don't they get that if there's been two previous movies that've flopped, what's the point of re-booting the film franchise again. Warzone will bomb just as badly.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:59 am

I just ripped The Punisher off the net when it came out.

I only liked one scene where this guy comes into the diner and you think there's going to be a ridiculously violent fight scene, but instead he just pulls out a guitar and plays a little song, says "I'm gonna play that at your funeral..." and walks off.

The rest was shit. I think it was Roy Schnieder's last role too. Poor sod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAO Comicbook Geeks....   FAO Comicbook Geeks.... Empty

Back to top Go down

FAO Comicbook Geeks....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ಠ_ಠ :: Forums :: WTV3-
Jump to: