ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What comics are you all reading?

Go down 
+6
AceCombat
Spectral Knight
kimdealslover
elprawn
O Goncho
Tired-Hippo
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 10:51 am

Mad
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 12:07 pm

FAO: Banth: You ever read it? Strikes me as a very Bantha Fodder comic, and I know there's a Hellboy crossover, so...?
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
The Lobsters Claw of Bile
lobster_johnson

Male
Number of posts : 4868

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 12:11 pm

no. ill check that shit out though, if you think ill like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/bantha_fodder
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 12:14 pm

Very much so. It even has SCIENCE!!* I could send you the first few issues if you have Comic Book Reader installed?

*Or voodoo or necromancy or something, but... SCIENCE!!
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 12:17 pm

i do not. besides ive got a few comics sitting unread in my cupboard at the minute. ill get round to it eventually, though, i promise.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 12:19 pm

Do it, faggot
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 12:21 pm

Also, since the topic has emerged naturally, what else do you keep locked in your cupboard?
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 12:31 pm

waiting to be read are:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

and im currently reading

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male
Number of posts : 1461

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:36 pm

I have all the 100 Bullets collections so far. The first 2 volumes are a bit meh (well, it's all just setting up the story really), but after that it all kicks up a gear and it turns into something special. Defo one of my fave series of all time.

I still own the original Aliens comics somewhere; back before Alien3 got made, so Hicks and Newt are alive and older in them. Then Dark Horse got around that problem by renaming them as Wilks and Billie. 'Book 1' was better in black and white, mainly cos the re-release's colouring sort of turned down the grim nature of the story. Creeped me as a kid too. All the comics after Book 2, Earth War and Genocide were rubbish though.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:40 pm

yeah i was just reading about the name changes in aliens the other day. i read the novels years ago and all the ones i read after book 2 sucked, except 'rogue' which i remember liking.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 5:01 am

Rogue was the one with the Alien King, right? That one wasn't so bad from what I remember.

I'm trying to get into Fables at the mo, but it's just not happening for me. I like the spin-off Jack of Fables though. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male
Number of posts : 1297

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 5:43 am

I recently (finally) got myself a copy of Chasing Dogma. I've read that twice today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/shaunography
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:01 am

kimdealslover wrote:
Rogue was the one with the Alien King, right? That one wasn't so bad from what I remember.

er..maybe. like i said, it was a long time ago when i read them. this is what amazon says:

Quote :
Welcome to the former penal colony of Charon,where a labyrinth of underground tunnels offers shelter to an alien hive.Professor Ernst Kleist,a paranoid tyrant,rules.And his speciality is making people disappear. Captain Joyce Palmer is bound for Charon.Only she and a few hand-picked marines can stop Kleist.Only they can stop the professor's most insane creation-the Rogue.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 6:26 pm

bantha_fodder+ wrote:
Spoiler:

i just finished 'nightmare asylum'. the art in it is great- especially in frames where everythings lit by a single, vivid light source- cockpit monitors or gunfire. its well wicked. well done, den beauvais, you can consider me a fan.

hes only drawn 5 fingers on the aliens, though. Grumble, groan, moan

EDIT: i forgot to mention the design of the technology, vehicles and machinery all looks awesome too; especially that crane suspended from the ceiling being used to load the aliens in the glass containers into place. im sure its no coincidence thats its shape resembles a curled up chestburster.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 11:22 am

has anyone read this:

What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 Redson320b951vd6

i dont usually care for superman but that looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:33 am

I'm not planning to read this, but I felt the urge to share it anyway because I lol'd.
What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 Savagedragon
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 11:41 am

What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 610x

Nowhere near as bad as this though.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:16 pm

Just finished the main Secret Invasion TPB. It's cack. Okay, Fury's back, and Wasp is dead. Oh, and Mockingbird who was boring as in the 80s is now alive again, ruining a great death story for a character who had to go. Dissapointed with Bendis on this one. Was expecting a bit more from it, especially as NA which has served as the whole lead-in has generally been top notch since it's launch.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 1:40 pm

I got admit this but I don't think Bendis has written a good story since his time on Sam & Twitch. The whole Udaku soryline was just awesome and despite some forays into The X Files kookiness, it got me into proper hardboiled comics like 100 Bullets and Fell.

But like I said, everything else he did was just bad. He had a great idea with Powers, but the writing was so cackhanded that I just couldn't get into it at all. I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this because the series moved from Dark Horse to some non-descript publisher a few years back.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 1:44 am

Well I've liked most of New Avengers from him. Particularly the arcs prior to Civil War were great. And Secret War was fantastic, the combination of brilliant writing and the luscious art provided by Dell'Otto makes it one of my favourite limited series outta Marvel.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:33 pm

Just finished reading Vol. 11 of Fables.

I am pleased to assess that, quite the opposite of fizzling out, after the first few issues it got better and better.
Back to top Go down
ginwai
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness
ginwai

Number of posts : 5066

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 3:11 am

Viz
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:36 am

Got secret invasion and batman chronicles volume 1 to read.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 4:42 am

Wow...batman really killed alot of people in the early days....
Back to top Go down
Fu Manchu
Evangelist
Evangelist
Fu Manchu

Male
Number of posts : 2456

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 2:57 pm

Transformers ROTF movie adaptation.

bought the 4 issues today and its more enjoyable than the film.
Back to top Go down
http://fumanchu.synthasite.com/bootlegs.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What comics are you all reading?   What comics are you all reading? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What comics are you all reading?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next