ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What are you all reading?

Go down 
+28
ReDfEsTeR
B
?
Elginboy
kimdealslover
Ollie
Spectral Knight
ignitableduck
Fu Manchu
ginwai
Eve
b3ni
PennyRT
mrblackbat
bidders
BRYN_BORANGA
elprawn
Resurrection_Tokyo
Benicio Del Roro
Char
Hector
Narg
Goostaph
tinkapeel
Shamone Slime
AceCombat
O Goncho
Tired-Hippo
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
ReDfEsTeR
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
ReDfEsTeR

Male
Number of posts : 3269

What are you all reading? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 4:11 pm

i'm reading the host again I love you
Back to top Go down
Fu Manchu
Evangelist
Evangelist
Fu Manchu

Male
Number of posts : 2456

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:40 pm

Back to top Go down
http://fumanchu.synthasite.com/bootlegs.php
ignitableduck
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness
ignitableduck

Female
Number of posts : 5491

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:42 pm

"im with the band"

so far shes tossed off captain beefheart and pulled jim morrison.
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male
Number of posts : 4880

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Very Happy

Tell me about the Beefheart encounter.
Back to top Go down
ignitableduck
ignitableduck

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:49 pm

well she met him through her friend who was his cousin, and she thought he was really really cool, and was always hanging around him, and one day they lay in his garden looking at clouds and he just put her hand on his cock.

im not entirely sure but i think shes about fourteen at this point.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:50 pm

Parrot wrote:
By the way, I finished Gunslinger. It was dull to start with, but after the first few chapters I got into it, and it was ok.
It gets much better, then much, much worse.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:51 pm

OMG there was just an advert for 12 rounds, aka John Cena's last movie on the telly O_O
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male
Number of posts : 4880

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:53 pm

ignitableduck wrote:
well she met him through her friend who was his cousin, and she thought he was really really cool, and was always hanging around him, and one day they lay in his garden looking at clouds and he just put her hand on his cock.

im not entirely sure but i think shes about fourteen at this point.

Oh. OMG

I've had this convo with friends several times; how many rock stars who've made the big time do you think could credibly claim never to have slept with an underaged person? I think it must be below 5%. Especially after reading Bill Wyman's autobiography.
Back to top Go down
ignitableduck
ignitableduck

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:57 pm

she has a photo in her photos called "pre beefheart" then a "post beefheart" one. he made her like music.

i think any proper rock stars have all shagged underage girls. not like gay little "i spent my younger years sat in my room listening to sad music and not talking to girls, so i could write songs about sad music and not talking to girls' excuses for rock stars.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:20 pm

I'm reading Tales of Mystery & Imagination, after dismissing it in my second year of Uni in favour of reading Dracula. I'm still glad I picked that one, but I'm a total Poe-convert now I'm giving him a chance. It's like reading Lovecraft but without the endearingly overt racism. Much as I miss that, he's still not bad.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

Number of posts : 3412

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:26 pm

VNSFW

Spoiler:

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
b3ni

Male
Number of posts : 5145

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:33 pm

What are you all reading? - Page 8 Pihkal
Back to top Go down
http://www.goatsemarathon.com
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

Number of posts : 7271

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:37 am

I'm reading a few ... but one is sat there daring me to read it. It was on the 'new' shelf at the library.

Aleister Crowley - Magick
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:40 am

It doesn't look too bad at the beginning. It just has a diagram of the Tree of Life.

It says he arranged it into his own system.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:50 am

I think I'll read the introduction and then just skim through it.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male
Number of posts : 1461

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:14 am

O Goncho wrote:
Parrot wrote:
By the way, I finished Gunslinger. It was dull to start with, but after the first few chapters I got into it, and it was ok.

Is this The Dark Tower?

If so...

The Gunslinger - Awesome
The Drawing of the Three - Decent
The Wastelands - Just as decent
Wizard and Glass - Where it all starts to go wrong
Wolves of the Calla - Oh dear...
Song of Susannah - Slightly better
The Dark Tower - WHAT A FUCKING WASTE OF POTENTIAL
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:50 am

kimdealslover wrote:
O Goncho wrote:
Parrot wrote:

Is this The Dark Tower?

If so...

The Gunslinger - Awesome
The Drawing of the Three - Decent
The Wastelands - Just as decent
Wizard and Glass - Where it all starts to go wrong
Wolves of the Calla - Oh dear...
Song of Susannah - Slightly better
The Dark Tower - WHAT A FUCKING WASTE OF POTENTIAL
Indeed. I still liked Wizard and Glass, though. Complete waste of time, obviously, but compared to what was to follow I'd have rather read that one another three times over instead.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:52 am

Wait, no way Song of Susannah was better than Wolves. Wolves was a waste of time too, but Susannah was so much more fucking boring! And it's when dickhead started writing himself in. Woeful.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 1:10 pm

Song For Susannah was better because it was short basically. I still think the series pissed it up the wall when it finally revealed that STEPHEN KING HIMSELF had to be saved. Oh meta-fiction, you're so novel.

I think the final book is just utter toss from page one. There's no evil shadow in the rose field, there's a shit final battle that isn't even a final battle, one person has an out of character moment so they can be written out and another gets killed by a shit baddie to beef up said baddie...who ends ketting killed in a shit way. Not forgetting the amazing dialogue at the end.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" screamed the Crimson King.
"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Die Roland!" screamed the Crimson King some more.

I wish I was making that last bit up, but that's how it's written FOR 30 ODD FUCKING PAGES.
Back to top Go down
ROCK AND ROLL
Evangelist
Evangelist
ROCK AND ROLL

Male
Number of posts : 2412

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 1:15 pm

i hated the way it essentially loops back to the first book again. this time with a trumpet!

surrealistically shitty.

i liked wolves and the calla. Actually a return to form vs the other book which is one huge flashback. i thought the best book was the one that brought detta in. great dialogue.
Back to top Go down
ROCK AND ROLL
Evangelist
Evangelist
ROCK AND ROLL

Male
Number of posts : 2412

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 1:17 pm

imo started to go down hill when he merged different novels into one story line.

could have made a new character, but instead we got father callahan so he could up the film conversion potential. imagine the feed on his ego if all of them were made into films.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Patrick popping up at the end was a bit shitty too. Unless you read Insomnia, the whole point of him there didn't really make any sense to the casual reader.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:05 pm

Spoiler warning. Don't read this post, if you're reading this thread, Bonnie.

And not being a casual reader of King, the further the series strayed into 'THIS IS NOT AN ORIGINAL STORY, IT IS ALL MY ORIGINAL FUCKING STORIES, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!' territory, the more I died inside due to how little I cared anymore.

kimdealslover wrote:
I think the final book is just utter toss from page one. There's no evil shadow in the rose field, there's a shit final battle that isn't even a final battle, one person has an out of character moment so they can be written out and another gets killed by a shit baddie to beef up said baddie...who ends ketting killed in a shit way. Not forgetting the amazing dialogue at the end.

I agree with all of this, but you know what I hate the most? The thing that made me actually swear off ever reading Steven King again (which I had to go back on a year later when uni forced me to read 'Salem's Lot, which was actually not bad, but anyway)? Its when King stops the story at Roland entering the tower, only to address the reader directly before he continues just to tell us what bad people we are for wanting to know more!! Um, WTF??!

So then he writes a two more shitty endings (let's not even go into the creepy as fuck mirror universe Susannah ends up in) and finishes with another note to the reader telling us not to contact him about how terrible this ending is because he doesn't care what we have to say!

I've never felt more angry at a person I've never met before in my life.

Last edited by O Goncho on Thu May 21, 2009 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spoiler warning)
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:16 pm

The ending is pretty much the same as Black House with the 'here's another chapter...it's shitty what happens, but you don't have to read it!' bullshit. Why would you not read it? That's what usually happens in a book!

I think King's early stuff is pretty decent. I think the last decent one he ever did was Desperation. Em really liked his last full novel, Lisey's Story; but nowadays he just watches stuff off late night TV and writes it as his own (see: Cell).
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:32 pm

Before the Dark Tower I did start The Stand but I never finished it. Just wasn't feeling it. 'Salem's Lot was brilliant though. Reading it right after Dracula might have enhanced the experience, but yeah, pretty cool. But once I was done with that I still totally didn't forgive him for what he did to Roland and co. I never ever, ever will, I don't think.

Fuck Steven King.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you all reading?   What are you all reading? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you all reading?
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next