ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Are You Listening to [regular edition]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Sgt Fury

Male
Number of posts : 2738

What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 8:57 am

If boots are reduced in price AND smell nice, that's half the battle won. If Helen falls off her new boots it'll be a devil of a job getting her back up and on them again.

http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/179742-carvela-wilma Surprised

Her hair has gone a bit too red this time but at least it blends with last winter's coat.

Our local reservoir is full to the brim, I'll start bottling for you now Creepy Smile

The Strokes - Hard To Explain.

I love that Placebo song.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

Number of posts : 7271

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:03 am

Perfect for the end of year. Creepy Smile Three hours without water in Thirsk. It's about the mains pipes. It doesn't matter about the reservoirs. I've filled a few bottles and put them in the garage.

Vampire Weekend - Run

They are on Jools Holland. I will just keep the telly on and doze off downstairs.

I will be a luminous blonde rather than an ordinary blonde.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:06 am

I wouldn't even be able to walk down the hill in Helen's boots. Neither would she.

Mine are about a 3 inch heel.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:10 pm

I was sick last night. One too many chocolate brownie and ice cream.

Frank Sinatra - New York, New York
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:42 pm

I had dyed red hair at school. Someone told me it was like looking at two suns.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:38 am

Not sure if this is true Sgt Fury ...

http://socyberty.com/government/former-british-prime-minister-margaret-thatcher-dead-at-85/

See what happens later today.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:25 am

That Thatcher post came up as Points 4666.

30 Seconds To Mars - Kings And Queens

I didn't think Jared Leto was 39. I had to check. He does well to still look good in his own videos.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Leto

I will have to keep to my New Years Resolution now.
Back to top Go down
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Sgt Fury

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:01 am

Hope the sickness has passed now.

Happy New Year, sunshine Creepy Smile

I saw the new year in at the summit of the highest peak in this area with Mollie and a packet of Digestive biscuits. Helen was working night shift so it seemed a good opportunity to cut loose.

Thatcher's death may have been greatly exaggerated, or perhaps that correspondent has a sixth sense.

Oasis - Cigarettes and Alcohol
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:55 am

AC/DC - Back In Black

(Australian fireworks)
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:56 am

Just had another chocolate brownie and ice cream. It's still a holiday. Creepy Smile

I think the Thatcher story was BS but it still led to an interesting discussion.

I belong on the internet really.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:50 am

I forgot to tape Derulo/Perry/JLS. Sad Either that or I don't know where I put it. One day late.

30 Seconds To Mars - Hurricane

Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:19 am

I've still got the X-factor one.

Gossip - Standing In The Way Of Control
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:23 am

Bjork - Big Time Sensuality
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:05 am

Bjork is my new exercise song. All I need now is a truck going through New York.
Back to top Go down
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Sgt Fury

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:11 am

Meteors, earthquake and now more snow.......anything else you need to warn me about harmar ? Creepy Smile

Mollie went absolutely crazy just before the tremor and then went straight back to sleep. Saved me a walk I suppose.

The Ramones - Today Your Love, Tomorrow The World
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:42 am

It's like those dead birds and fish. I thought about you. It was in Ripon wasn't it?

Did it move the bed like it did here? It was like the Exorcist but ours was 4.2 so that makes it about 10 times bigger. I felt weird at one point and I need to see what time it was. Something fell down but I haven't worked out what it was yet.

When it was the Tsunami I ended up at the opposite end of the bed and I panicked because the clock wasn't in the usual place. When I checked the time in the morning it was the time of the tsunami. Me and Mollie would probably be good friends. Creepy Smile

Tom Vek - That Can Be Arranged
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:46 am

It can't have been the earthquake because it was 9.30pm last night.

RATM - Bullet In The Head

I've just got the Obama biography to read from the library.

He says it's an autobiography but I'm not sure about that.

Last edited by harmar on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:18 am

Did you hear a rumbling noise?

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/8767269.Earthquake_strikes_in_North_Yorkshire/

I was convinced the back door had blown open by a hurricane when we had the earthquake. I went downstairs to shut the kitchen door and when it was shut I kept pulling it open because I was convinced it was open. Earthquakes affect heads.

Primal Scream - Everybody Needs Somebody
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:19 am

I was half asleep though as well so that might have had something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:27 am

I think Ayers wrote it ....

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/62033-ayers-i-wrote-obamas-book

Rhianna - Just Gonna Stand There

(Somebody's mobile phone has gone off next to me)
Back to top Go down
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Sgt Fury

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:54 am

Hope you gave them a disapproving glare. Terrible ringtone Razz

At what point of Obama's life does the book begin ? Presumably the early years will belong in the fiction section.

The Young Knives - Here Comes The Romour Mill
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 8:29 am

I'm only up to the introduction. He goes on about somebody not liking someone for their dark, unblemished skin. Why he had to put unblemished I don't know. I think he wrote that line.

Jools Holland Hootenany. Just him talking. I don't know why it's gone widescreen. It must be that link. I'll edit it on cheap rate.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:03 am

This was interesting in the Preface …

‘… my name is an irresistible target of mocking websites from overzealous Republican operatives.”

Interesting use of the word ‘operatives’. Not normally in a person’s lexicon. Also he reads the websites. Probably not this one.

In the Introduction …

“My wife’s cousin, only six years old, has already lost such innocence: A few weeks ago he reported to his parents that some of his first grade classmates had refused to play with him because of his dark, unblemished skin.”

- I don’t think kids talk like that. “My skin is dark and unblemished and they won’t play with me.” I don’t believe that happened. I believe he wrote it though.

vii

“When a seat in the state legislature opened up in 1996, some friends persuaded me to run for office and I won.”

- Which friends?

viv

“I remembered the stories that my mother and her parents told me as a child, the stories of a family trying to explain itself.”

- Where was I born Mom?

“I listened to my grandmother sitting under a mango tree as she braided my sister’s hair describing the father I had never truly known.

- Which grandmother? Which sister? Where were the mango trees?

This is just the preface and introduction. Chapter One starts with him being 21 in New York. The writing suddenly improves.

Alison Moyet – Love Letters

I feel like I’m wasting my time a bit. I could be reading about Roy Lichtenstein. I’ve just drawn his George Washington. I haven’t read fiction for a while.

I’ve started it. He wrote the Preface and the Introduction but the first Chapter is a totally different style. I’d say it was a different writer. He can’t suddenly turn from a grumbling bumbler into Jack Kerouac or Tennessee Williams. He has a stilted didactic style and the chapter is flowing. People have styles of writing.

On Page Four he has one sentence, “… not once did he thank me for my efforts’. Then in the next paragraph it changes to the ghost writer. “The old man’s silence impressed me. I thought him a kindred spirit.” Turns to fiction again. It’s two contradictory sentences. You would have to be an author to weave in speech like this. What else has he written? Nothing. He was supposed to have taken Law not English.

I could do a degree on this.

It could be all total fiction. It moves too fast and his brain doesn’t move that fast. I have the feeling it’s total fiction. I don’t know who wrote it though, but it’s definitely not him.
Back to top Go down
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Sgt Fury

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:11 pm

The rumble was really loud here, it sounded like someone dragging a paving slab to my front door. I think a couple of slates moved on the garage roof.

I'll add your name to the list of people who want to have Mollie when we finally move to Germany ! She does love hills Creepy Smile

New York Dolls - Personality Crisis

I don't think I'd have the patience to read that book.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:31 pm

That's what it sounded like here. I would be scared of looking after a dog.

The book is more Mills & Boon than Jack Kerouac but he still didn't write it. I'll read it while I'm waiting for cheap rate. I'll keep the rest of it to myself unless its really funny. That was just up to page 4.

George Osborne robbed me of 6p yesterday. Mugged.

CNN music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   What Are You Listening to [regular edition] - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Are You Listening to [regular edition]
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next