ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"

Go down 
+4
Hector
O Goncho
AceCombat
Scarlet Rope
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Scarlet Rope
Evangelist
Evangelist
Scarlet Rope

Female
Number of posts : 2385

"Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" Empty
PostSubject: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:14 am

LOL.
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female
Number of posts : 8855

"Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:17 am

what is that?
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:19 am

"The Lesbians of Dakar: continuing to fuck for France"

How could I not sign up?
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Rope
Evangelist
Evangelist
Scarlet Rope

Female

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:19 am

Gonch joined a reflexion group about relationships between France and its former african colonies.
Back to top Go down
Hector
Consigliere
Consigliere

Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:21 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Rope
Evangelist
Evangelist
Scarlet Rope

Female

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:22 am

I' m sorry fraser, it is a bit less exciting than lesbians...
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:22 am

lolol, well that's somewhat disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Rope
Evangelist
Evangelist
Scarlet Rope

Female

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:24 am

Discours=speech

Will you dare reading it?

Indy, if you take some time to read it, i' d be interested to know about your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Rope
Evangelist
Evangelist
Scarlet Rope

Female

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:35 am

ah, everybody left of course.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:38 am

Well you did quite ruin it for me Sad
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Rope
Evangelist
Evangelist
Scarlet Rope

Female

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 am

Very Happy are you gonna leave the group now?
Back to top Go down
Hector
Consigliere
Consigliere

Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:41 am

I was reading! It's so long. I stopped halfway through. You know I'm right-wing these days so do you want my opinion? Wink No, I don't really have an opinion on it to be honest. Some of the left press in Britain made out he said that colonizers weren't exploitative, but in that speech he said they were, but that some had good intentions, which I think is true. I'm not sure how racist a speech it is; it appears to be patronising, but then I didn't read all of it.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:42 am

Nah, I'm still a member of those other French groups I joined, this one will make a nice addition.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Rope
Evangelist
Evangelist
Scarlet Rope

Female

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:47 am

I found it really really patronising:

"Africa’s challenge is that of all civilisations, of all cultures, of all peoples that want to protect their identity without isolating themselves because they know that isolation is deadly.

Civilizations are great to the extent that they participate in the great mix of the human spirit.

The weakness of Africa, which has known so many brilliant civilizations on its soil, was for a long time not being able to participate fully in this great engagement."

I don' t know how muwh the meaning is rendered in the translation but:

"Africa’s problem is that it lives the present too much in nostalgia for a lost childhood paradise."

= colonial view of african people being like grown up children, naive and dumb. What about african artists, scientists, philosophers...?
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:49 am

Gave them bridges. LOL. What a peace offering.

"Right, we're gonna take six million Africans across the Atlantic, and put them to work picking cotton. To make up for this, we'll let you cross that stream over there. There's not actually anything on the other side, except desert, desert, shrubs, and a bit more desert, but it's something to do, I guess. Deal?"

Sarkozy's a bit of a joker. Clearly bat-shit mental, but well worth having in the international arena.

ScarletRope, Africa has no scientists, philosophers or even artists. Have you seen African 'art'? It's like something out of the stone age.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Rope
Evangelist
Evangelist
Scarlet Rope

Female

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:56 am

Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:57 am

Never heard of 'em.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Rope
Evangelist
Evangelist
Scarlet Rope

Female

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:01 am

I guess but they do exist, like they exist in every other continent. Africa is not just a victim.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:06 am

That's like saying *I* am an artist 'cause I do occasional scribbles on note pads at work. They're chancers, and shouldn't be compared to proper professionals.

Also tell that to Sarkozy. We've given them bridges, and look at them. Still stuck in the dark ages. Essentially, they are a victim.*

*AIDS victim most likely.
Back to top Go down
Eve
~*Blessed Be~*
~*Blessed Be~*
Eve

Female
Number of posts : 9527

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:13 am

*snorts* Oh dear...

Last edited by Eve on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:30 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Cute_boy loves me too much)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/upyoneuneodieseoparayo
Scarlet Rope
Evangelist
Evangelist
Scarlet Rope

Female

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:14 am

So you' re saying that there can' t be any african artist?
Back to top Go down
Eve
~*Blessed Be~*
~*Blessed Be~*
Eve

Female

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:15 am

He's a twit, let's not worry
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:18 am

No, of course there can. But there probably won't be any who could hope to match up to European standards (modern art excluded, which is a pile of toss, generally), at least not until they stop killing each other.

Eve - fuck off.
Back to top Go down
Eve
~*Blessed Be~*
~*Blessed Be~*
Eve

Female

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:19 am

Nah sweetie, nah
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Rope
Evangelist
Evangelist
Scarlet Rope

Female

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:21 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"   "Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Fraser Brown joined the group Le discours de Dakar : la continuité de la françafrique?"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ಠ_ಠ :: Forums :: WTV3-
Jump to: