ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?

Go down 
+10
Resurrection_Tokyo
Sgt Fury
Ollie
r new pal
Spectral Knight
BRYN_BORANGA
ginwai
AceCombat
kimdealslover
Tired-Hippo
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? Empty
PostSubject: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 4:28 pm

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male
Number of posts : 1461

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 4:29 pm

Romania. So backwards it'll probably be considered cutting edge next year.
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female
Number of posts : 8855

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 4:31 pm

you're all British, obviously you're all going to say Britain..

anyways, I didn't say that Britain isn't the most cutting edge or whatever, I just said that comedy is subjective, and talking about it like it's not makes you sound ignorant.

Last edited by AceCombat on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ginwai
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness
ginwai

Number of posts : 5066

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 2:44 am

Britaine?
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male
Number of posts : 4880

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 2:46 am

It's that country with the big heroine problem.
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 2:47 am

curse you, Wonder Woman!
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 2:49 am

Mexico. Bumble Bee Man ftw.
Back to top Go down
r new pal
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
r new pal

Male
Number of posts : 4943

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 2:51 am

British comedy is the best, but the BBC keep commissioning politically-correct drivel. I've nothing against something being produced which is PC if it's funny, but you get the feeling the BBC just package their agendas up as "comedy".

At one stage they had Blackadder, The Young Ones, Only Fools and Horses and Yes, Minister running at the same time.
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 2:54 am

was The Young Ones PC?
Back to top Go down
r new pal
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
r new pal

Male

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 2:55 am

Did I say it was?
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 2:56 am

you were using it as an example of the BBC only commissioning PC comedies. it kind of proves the opposite.
Back to top Go down
r new pal
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
r new pal

Male

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 2:57 am

No I wasn't. I wasn't using it as anything more than an example of how good BBC comedy used to be.
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 2:59 am

fair enough but you didn't say that. it confused me.

trying to think of un-PC Beeb comedies that are on now. could be a while.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 3:02 am

I'd say America and Britain are level peg.

But luckily for them, they don't have the increasingly freaky looking Nicholas Lyndurst clogging up their evening with My Family 2.
Back to top Go down
r new pal
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
r new pal

Male

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 3:02 am

I was trying to imply that their older comedies had a freer rein over comedic license. Not necessarily un-pc but not afraid to be if necessary.
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 3:03 am

i'm awaiting the next sitcom to incorporate blacking up. Tropic THunder proved it doesn't have to be embarrassing.

Little Britain!
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 3:04 am

Little Britain is beyond abysmal.
Back to top Go down
r new pal
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
r new pal

Male

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 3:05 am

Spectral Knight wrote:
Little Britain is beyond abysmal.

As is The Catherine Tate Show and that new Enfield one.
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 3:06 am

i never liked it but i see your point.

i quite like Harry and Paul. possibly a nostalgia thing :/
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male
Number of posts : 4880

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 3:06 am

Grass-Delegate wrote:
I was trying to imply that their older comedies had a freer rein over comedic license. Not necessarily un-pc but not afraid to be if necessary.

QFT

The way they hack up The Young Ones when repeating it now shows how much their attitude has changed. It's sad.

[The man is wearing gloves. He rings the doorbell. Immediately after, a policeman wearing sunglasses confidently strides up to him.]

COP: Ho ho ho. Hahahahaha. Well, Mr. Sambo Darkie Coon, I've got your number. You're nicked.

[We see the man's face. He's clearly white.]

MAN: Is there anything the matter, officer?

COP: Ho ho ho, oh dear me. Don't we talk lovely, Mr. Rastus Chocolate Drop. Now listen here, son. I've done a weekend's training with the S.A.S. I could pull both your arms off and leave no trace of violence. Lord Scarman need never know.

MAN: What seems to be the trouble, officer?

[The MAN rings the doorbell again.]

COP: That's white man's electricity you're burnin', ringin' that bell. That's theft. I've got your number, so hold out your hands.

MAN: Officer, I represent Kellogg's Corn Flakes car competition. I--

[The COP removes his sunglasses and sees the man for the first time.]

COP: Oh. Sorry, John. I thought you was a nigger. Now, Sir, carry on.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 3:07 am

A mate was telling me I should iplayer last week's Enfield as it was actually quite funny. Not bothered, as I don't trust his opinion on pretty much anything.
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 3:09 am

it's hardly world changingly funny but it works. loved the Clarkson sketch.

i used to watch The Young Ones and video and don't remember that. don't tell me they were butchered for release then as well?
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 3:09 am

Harry and Paul sort of have flashes of brilliance like the island of Clarksons, but the rest doesn't cut the mustard for me. Probably because they've been out-done by other envelope pushers. Still, they're marginally better than Armstrong and Miller, who haven't been funny...well ever.

I liked the first series of Little Britain, but I never really liked the rest. I never watched the special either.
Back to top Go down
r new pal
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
r new pal

Male

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 3:11 am

Yeah, the new Enfield programme has its moments, but there's an overwhelming theme of straw-clutching throughout.
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 3:12 am

woah there, no likey Armstrong and Miller? i reckon it's the best sketch show in a few years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?   What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world? Empty

Back to top Go down

What country creates the most cutting edge comedy in the world?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next