ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GIG REVIEW THREAD

Go down 
+3
admirzantion
Fu Manchu
Spectral Knight
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

GIG REVIEW THREAD Empty
PostSubject: GIG REVIEW THREAD   GIG REVIEW THREAD EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 2:33 am

Why hasn't there been one of these yet? Crying or Very sad

Anyways, went to the Gonzo on Tour gig at ULU last night. Late of the Pier were a decent opener, fairly cool sound, but their vocals weren't mixed too well. The drum machine action was a bit quality though. They all did look like they were about fourteen though. I must be getting old.

Kaiser Chiefs were actually fantastic. Really mental atmosphere, and the anthems of the last two albums were all present and correct. Ricky played a bit of a blinder with the crowd interaction, who lapped it up rotten. Ruby in particular kicked things up a notch after a rather slow opening number (went from just underneath the overhang, to third row from the front during the first outing of the chorus! Very Happy ). Overall, a very decent night out for a tenner.

Last edited by Spectral Knight on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fu Manchu
Evangelist
Evangelist
Fu Manchu

Male
Number of posts : 2456

GIG REVIEW THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIG REVIEW THREAD   GIG REVIEW THREAD EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 5:27 am

Did you manage to give Zane a dig?
Back to top Go down
http://fumanchu.synthasite.com/bootlegs.php
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

GIG REVIEW THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIG REVIEW THREAD   GIG REVIEW THREAD EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 6:28 am

Nah, he was a bit far away. Some camera bloke was getting repeatedly clattered though. I had an opportunity to give more than a couple of blows to the other bearded cunt they've got on there (the bloke who does fest interviews). Should've taken them really.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

GIG REVIEW THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIG REVIEW THREAD   GIG REVIEW THREAD EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 11:53 pm

The Charlatans at Astoria

Support was The Ruling Class, as who're a pretty cool baggy/shoegaze revival band, checked out a few of their songs on MySpace before hand, and they were a good opener. Their frontman has awful hair, which is always a winner, and has got a good style. Overall, pretty fun.

Main attraction were great. Tim Burgiss still looks a twat, but he was great fun. Got a lot of You Cross My Path, which is brilliant, giving many older bands only put a couple of their latest release, but the new stuff is blinding, and was eaten up by the crowd. The classics were also winners. Also, well cool bassist, so laid back he could've been playing horizontal. Good length set too, seemed to fly through, but got loads in their.
Back to top Go down
admirzantion
Imp
Imp
admirzantion

Number of posts : 20

GIG REVIEW THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIG REVIEW THREAD   GIG REVIEW THREAD EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 3:51 pm

i saw the bloc party tour gonzo show last night...didnt pay much attention to them so i cant really comment.

they pretty special French chocolate cereal though!
Back to top Go down
b3ni
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness

Male
Number of posts : 5145

GIG REVIEW THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIG REVIEW THREAD   GIG REVIEW THREAD EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:57 am

special French chocolate cereal
Back to top Go down
http://www.goatsemarathon.com
Narg
Kristyn II
Kristyn II
Narg

Male
Number of posts : 1123

GIG REVIEW THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIG REVIEW THREAD   GIG REVIEW THREAD EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 11:07 am

special French chocolate cereal
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

Number of posts : 3412

GIG REVIEW THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIG REVIEW THREAD   GIG REVIEW THREAD EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 5:22 am

Mogwai were fucking amazing last night.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

GIG REVIEW THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIG REVIEW THREAD   GIG REVIEW THREAD EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 6:12 am

More concise than what I'd have expect, Black Bat.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

Number of posts : 3412

GIG REVIEW THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIG REVIEW THREAD   GIG REVIEW THREAD EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 4:18 am

Went to see Sigur Ros on Wednesday. They were good, though got a bit boring at times. Though he's a hell of a good singer, if a complete fruitcake (he was wearing feathers in his ears....). Excellent support act as well, For a Minor Reflection; whom can be listened to here.
Back to top Go down
Big_Fat_Dan
Belly'll Getcha
Belly'll Getcha
Big_Fat_Dan

Male
Number of posts : 2350

GIG REVIEW THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIG REVIEW THREAD   GIG REVIEW THREAD EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:39 pm

AC/DC, O2 Arena, 14th April 2009

Well, what can i say.....................FUCKING BRILLIANT!

First off, for those who expect five aged rockers just going through the motions on stage playing there old classics...................YOU ARE WAAAAAY OFF THE MARK.
This is a bonerfied rock n roll show, we had Giant steam trains, Mahooosive Bells, and a 30ft Blow up doll going by the name of Rosie all this with Angus and BJ prancing around the stage like they were 20 again, they would certinaly put a few young rockers through there paces, and Angus's guitar playing is something else.

The set was as i expected, four or five of the new album 'Black Ice' which was good beacause i hadnt really got into that album yet, this was mixed in with all the classics, 'Dirty Deeds, TNT, The Jack, Black In Black, Hells Bells, Whole Lotta Rosie, then finished of with Highway To Hell and For Those About To Rock, cannons n' all.

a truly great night.

must say thou, O2 arena is great for sound and a really pucker venue, but there beer prices take the PISS, was outside of the venue in the O2 complex and for a pint of san mig was £3.30 which is not bad for London, then you take a little walk up the stairs into the venue and the price is £4.40...............FOR A FUCKING PINT No...no...Nooo!
so expensive i stayed dry through the gig.

still.....................i didnt let it ruin my night Creepy Smile
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

GIG REVIEW THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIG REVIEW THREAD   GIG REVIEW THREAD EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 6:17 am

How fucking much? I'm there end of next month for Depeche Mode...I reckon I'm gonna have to get well and truly laced before hand. Fuck Bozza...a trip to an offy prior to getting on the tube seems in order.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

GIG REVIEW THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIG REVIEW THREAD   GIG REVIEW THREAD EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 1:41 am

The Rakes @ Koko

Opening act was Office Secrets Act, fairly good fun, but the vox weren't really there for the frontman (although the bassist was great on supporting vocals, some of the notes he held were brilliant), a good starting band.

Sky Larkin was up next, who were pretty awesome. The album material translates really well to being performed live, and the lead singer's adorable - she was awesome. Also a pretty rich sound for a three-piece combo.

The Rakes blew my fucking mind live. Played all the best tunes off of Capture/Release, not much from Ten New Messages (although We Danced Together was brilliant!), and plenty of Klang, which was a little harder to get into, obviously as it's fairly new. A great show though.

Also, between Official Screts Act and Sky Larkin, I was 'adopted' by a group of girls who recognised me from my local haunts. ("Who do you know from Harrow?" "...what?" "We see you around all the time"...."Yeah, I LIVE in Harrow"...). Lovely bunch. It's a small word, innit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GIG REVIEW THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIG REVIEW THREAD   GIG REVIEW THREAD Empty

Back to top Go down

GIG REVIEW THREAD
Page 1 of 1