ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Last game you bought?

Go down 
+6
Elginboy
Benicio Del Roro
kimdealslover
Tired-Hippo
lobster_johnson
O Goncho
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

Last game you bought? Empty
PostSubject: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:28 am

+ a score, micro review, or your first impressions.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:32 am

Hitman: Blood Money
Not played it yet, so, um... the box is acceptable.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
The Lobsters Claw of Bile
lobster_johnson

Male
Number of posts : 4868

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:44 am

far cry 2.

its not as good as hitman:blood money. so far, anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/bantha_fodder
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:04 am

TBH this is just the videogame review thread.

And Far cry 2 is a bit iffy innit banth....far too much fucking about getting around, not enough shooting things.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:10 am

i like the fucking about getting around. its fantastically atmospheric. you can almost feel the heat when youre hiking through the dry grassland areas. would be nice if there was a few more surprises to find- or if you had to find the locations of everything yourself, rather than having it on the map from the start.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:12 am

I disagree, I don't mind a bit of walking round but it over does it ALOT, plus respawning enemies make stopping for a firefight pointless...you don't want this type of game to make you think "Nah I'll just carry on...no point stopping and shooting them".
Doesn't help that knowing where to go is so vague most of the time.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:17 am

its probably not for everyone. i like just wandering round exploring in general, though. i mean, it took me over 100 hours to finish gta4, for fucks sake.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:18 am

Well this is just jungle...its a very good looking jungle, but its still pretty much just jungle.

I much perfer getting to the meat cause FC2 seems to show alot of promise there (not played it much) Get a good fire going and panic breaks out, throw in a rocket or two and I had the place in chaos....I love the healing system too.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:22 am

yeah, the fire is one of my favourite bits. i hate how weak most of the weapons seem, though. the stupid pointless malaria gimmick is shit, and the fact that your weapons jam is shit as well. if theyre not realistic enough to down an enemy in a couple of shots, then theyre not realistic enough to jam, you cunts.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:24 am

Heh true, although I don't have too much issue with the jamming...will I didn't until it just kept happening all the bloody time....I don't think shotguns are made THAT badly and subject to THAT much wear and tear.

I also wish tha map screen gave you more info....you should be able to place markers ala GTA4, rather than pissing about with the map all the time.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:26 am

yeah, theres not a lot that can go wrong with a shotgun, really.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:29 am

All in all it could do with a patch really.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:31 am

have you upgraded (m)any of the weapons? i was going to reserve my ranting about them until id improved the accuracy/reliability on some of them.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:33 am

No, I've done very few missions...tbh I think I've played more online....which needs to fix the way the games start, amount of times I've sat there thinking "Just press ready for fuck sake".

And don't the upgrades only apply to the weapons you get from the weaponship/safehouse? Aren't ones you pick up always a bit shit and manked up?
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male
Number of posts : 1461

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:35 am

O Goncho wrote:
Hitman: Blood Money
Not played it yet, so, um... the box is acceptable.

Best one of the series. People will tell you Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is the best. But it's not. Blood Money is just for the Birthday Part hit and the New Orleans hit alone.

Last game...

Left 4 Dead.
I give it a score of... Hardcore
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:40 am

tiredhippo wrote:
No, I've done very few missions...tbh I think I've played more online....which needs to fix the way the games start, amount of times I've sat there thinking "Just press ready for fuck sake".

And don't the upgrades only apply to the weapons you get from the weaponship/safehouse? Aren't ones you pick up always a bit shit and manked up?

ive never been online with it.

and yes, but id go back and fucking get them rather than put up with jamming.

kimdealslover wrote:

Last game...

Left 4 Dead.
I give it a score of... Hardcore

ill get it if someone else here gets it. i dont think id enjoy just playing with randoms on it at all.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:43 am

Yeah. Hurry up and get it Gonch. You're wasting our xbox time with your 600G and your reluctance to be good at any online stuff.

Tbh, I've played L4D with friends and there's not much difference playing it with strangers. You're gonna argue and fuck up with everybody.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:47 am

Onlines pretty good if you get the right map...and theres a few maps which are really sniper friendly.....
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 12:16 pm

kimdealslover wrote:
Yeah. Hurry up and get it Gonch.
I've bought enough games to see me through to next Christmas tongue

I bought Call of Duty 4 at the urges of you all, I shall not cave over Left 4 Dead.

...looks fun tho---NO.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:24 am

Yeah, Mass Effect is a good 60 hours if you explore everything (even without the extra DLC mission) anyway. So you WILL be seen through to Chrimbo. I actually started playing it again recently. Damn, it still looks jaw-dropping at times. So glad I bought the ltd. edition boxset for that one.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:26 am

does installing it to the hard drive resolve the slowdown issues on mass effect?

i think im gonna play through it again later in the year, when theres nothing out. im gonna play through cod4 on easy again to see if i can get 1000/1000 gamerpoints as well before modern warfare 2 comes out.
Back to top Go down
Benicio Del Roro
Affable Scamp
Affable Scamp

Male
Number of posts : 750

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:43 am

Resident Evil 4 about 3 years ago. Played it twice.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:48 am

GTFO.
Back to top Go down
Benicio Del Roro
Affable Scamp
Affable Scamp

Male
Number of posts : 750

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:16 am

tiredhippo wrote:
GTFO.

Any good?
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 11:26 am

I'm not very good at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you bought?   Last game you bought? Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you bought?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ಠ_ಠ :: Forums :: Games-
Jump to: