ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Genius of Charles Darwin

Go down 
+8
elprawn
Shamone Slime
Cropcircle Hair
Narg
P
lobster_johnson
tinkapeel
O Goncho
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

The Genius of Charles Darwin Empty
PostSubject: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 1:04 pm

By the looks of this intro Dawkins is going to either top himself, have a heart attack, or kill everyone around him, have a heart attack and top himself.

What this seamless link leads me into is the ever colourful discussion about plants, the universe, and why we're all here. Somebody tell me the answer summed up into a handy sound-byte sized quote so I don't have to listen to Richard Dawkins rampage across God's country.
Back to top Go down
tinkapeel
Mentor
Mentor
tinkapeel

Female
Number of posts : 6070

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 1:08 pm

How long til someone quotes Douglas Adams?
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
The Lobsters Claw of Bile
lobster_johnson

Male
Number of posts : 4868

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 1:09 pm

richard dawkins shit out the universe and it will all end in 2012 when he eats his own shit/universe and shits it back out so the cycle can begin again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/bantha_fodder
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Douglar Adams wrote:
Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”

Done and done. Nice sentiment, but CAMAWN Tink, expell upon me your own worldy wise-dom.
Back to top Go down
tinkapeel
Mentor
Mentor
tinkapeel

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 1:12 pm

It's all about baking.

The Genius of Charles Darwin 01
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 1:12 pm

bantha_fodder wrote:
richard dawkins shit out the universe and it will all end in 2012 when he eats his own shit/universe and shits it back out so the cycle can begin again.
I wish I could believe that.
Back to top Go down
P
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
P

Female
Number of posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 1:18 pm

O Goncho wrote:
By the looks of this intro Dawkins is going to either top himself, have a heart attack, or kill everyone around him, have a heart attack and top himself.

What this seamless link leads me into is the ever colourful discussion about plants, the universe, and why we're all here. Somebody tell me the answer summed up into a handy sound-byte sized quote so I don't have to listen to Richard Dawkins rampage across God's country.

The answer:

Because.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 1:22 pm

The Genius of Charles Darwin Mel2210
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 1:30 pm

tinkapeel wrote:
It's all about baking.

The Genius of Charles Darwin 01
Was the Big Bang a failed attempt at a soufflé?

Last edited by O Goncho on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
P
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
P

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 1:31 pm

If you want to be serious, I think philosophy is a waste of time. Whilst it can be good to dream and give meaning to everything, it is at the same time hopeless. We will never know any of the answers. People can waste their lives by either chasing scientific proof or thinking about it all untill they slowly become insane. Curiosity is what makes us human, but to be honest do we really need to know? If we did ever find any of these answers, then what? it'd be like "oh is that it?" and everyone would commit suicide out of dissappointment. Not knowing is what makes us human, and to be honest ignorance is bliss. Could you imagine what it would be like if we actually knew any of these answers?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
tinkapeel
Mentor
Mentor
tinkapeel

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 2:05 pm

Or the ultimate in cinder toffee
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 2:09 pm

Parrotface wrote:
If you want to be serious, I think philosophy is a waste of time. Whilst it can be good to dream and give meaning to everything, it is at the same time hopeless. We will never know any of the answers. People can waste their lives by either chasing scientific proof or thinking about it all untill they slowly become insane. Curiosity is what makes us human, but to be honest do we really need to know? If we did ever find any of these answers, then what? it'd be like "oh is that it?" and everyone would commit suicide out of dissappointment. Not knowing is what makes us human, and to be honest ignorance is bliss. Could you imagine what it would be like if we actually knew any of these answers?

Spoiler:

You sound like you've been reading too much H.P. Lovecraft Razz
Back to top Go down
P
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
P

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 2:44 pm

Who?
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male
Number of posts : 4868

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 2:45 pm

O Goncho wrote:
You sound like you haven't been reading enough H.P. Lovecraft Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/bantha_fodder
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 2:47 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Narg
Kristyn II
Kristyn II
Narg

Male
Number of posts : 1123

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 5:12 am

I've only seen a bit of one episode, but the sum-up is probably just "We pretty much don't need supernatural beliefs anymore, so everyone can relax and stop worrying about big red demon monsters and a mysterious force of ultimate love that will damn you to hell for eternity".

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 9:51 am

'Relax' doesn't really come into it with Dawkins but otherwise, pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Narg
Kristyn II
Kristyn II
Narg

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 10:44 am

We're all Frankie fans at heart.
Back to top Go down
Cropcircle Hair
Flower Girl
Flower Girl
Cropcircle Hair

Number of posts : 727

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 10:50 am

"There is no such thing as a Christian child, only children of Christian parents."
Back to top Go down
Narg
Kristyn II
Kristyn II
Narg

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 10:53 am

Have I shown people here this yet?

Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 11:00 am

'ATHIEST: RICHARD DAWKINS'

lol, Fox, the Righteous Ones, sure showed you, Dawkins.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Narg
Kristyn II
Kristyn II
Narg

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 11:02 am

cyclops

At least Fox spell better than you.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 11:03 am

THATS' A LIE AND YOU NOW IT.
Back to top Go down
Shamone Slime
Affable Scamp
Affable Scamp

Number of posts : 847

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 11:50 am

I like Richard Dawkins, but I can't help but feel he's sold himself out a little. He's a brilliant evolutionary biologist who used to write fascinating scientific books, whereas more recently he seems to simply attack religion and supernatural beliefs all of the time. Don't get me wrong, it needs to be done, but arguing over a simple superstition like blowing candles out on a birthday cake is a little facetious.
Back to top Go down
elprawn
Internet Villain
Internet Villain
elprawn

Number of posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 1:19 pm

If Dawkins manages to turn any Christian into an atheist, then he'll have failed because it's sure proof that they're still pandering to the blind faith propogated by a book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin Empty

Back to top Go down

The Genius of Charles Darwin
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next