ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Genius of Charles Darwin

Go down 
+8
elprawn
Shamone Slime
Cropcircle Hair
Narg
P
lobster_johnson
tinkapeel
O Goncho
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 8:00 am

Your mum.
Back to top Go down
elprawn
Internet Villain
Internet Villain
elprawn

Number of posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 8:03 am

Of you say so.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 8:09 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
elprawn
Internet Villain
Internet Villain
elprawn

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 8:15 am

Indeedio.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 8:23 am

Narg wrote:
Faith is believing in something without sufficient evidence. It's also called lunacy, but for some reason when it comes to religion we're supposed to respect it.

Actually, lunacy is disputing a proven truth. Not having faith in an ambiguous truth, where it is impossible to prove against the existence of God. Yes, it's rationally impossible to prove the existence of a God, but that doesn't mean that those who do believe in a God or stupid, or worse, mentally instable.
Back to top Go down
Narg
Kristyn II
Kristyn II
Narg

Male
Number of posts : 1123

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 8:33 am

Is it not lunacy to firmly believe that we each have a big, invisible, weightless rabbit sitting on our shoulders and tugging our ears when it wants to incline us to turn left or right? I don't see how God is that much different, especially the God of any religion.

Even if it were the case that the belief was not lunacy, I think that what people do because of it often constitutes mental instability. Another analogy: people go to church on Sundays or the Mosque on Saturdays in order to make themselves feel good and moral. What if I decided that the only way to live a pure life was to devote Monday afternoons to throwing rocks in the direction of a unicorn that exists just behind the Canis Major galaxy?
Back to top Go down
elprawn
Internet Villain
Internet Villain
elprawn

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 8:39 am

Rabbits are tangible.

And Gods can be very different. How similar are Vishnu, Aphrodite, Thor and the Christian God?
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 8:52 am

What makes me LOL? Religionists who turn to atheism, and atheists who turn to religion.

Basically shown up as big-time bottlers.
Back to top Go down
Narg
Kristyn II
Kristyn II
Narg

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 8:54 am

elprawn wrote:
Rabbits are tangible.

And Gods can be very different. How similar are Vishnu, Aphrodite, Thor and the Christian God?

I'm not sure how what you're saying is relevant.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 8:58 am

It's very relevant. You said what if there were invisible, weightless bunnies sitting on everyone's shoulders. Elprawn, by stating it was impossible as bunnies are tangible, so it's conclusively proved that there aren't such bunnies, so to believe in that would be lunacy, and not an equal comparisson to believing in a deity which cannot be proved doesn't exist.
Back to top Go down
elprawn
Internet Villain
Internet Villain
elprawn

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 8:58 am

We know there's no rabbit turning our heads because rabbits are tangible. If there was a God doing something we wouldn't be able to tell.
Back to top Go down
Narg
Kristyn II
Kristyn II
Narg

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:04 am

Don't get me wrong with the semantics, fellas! These rabbits are divine and magical, so of course they're not tangible.
Back to top Go down
elprawn
Internet Villain
Internet Villain
elprawn

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:06 am

Some religions do have animal Gods.

Why don't Christians? Because if they did they wouldn't be Christians, they'd be some other religion - thus still leaving scope for the Christian religion... which is exactly what we have. Some people believe in a manlike God, others don't.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:09 am

How do we know there's bunnies there at all? We certainly know of humans who've stated that they've been in direct contact with God/s. No-one's done the same with these bunnies.

I think you're making them up, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:11 am

Tell me more of thse bunnies, Narg, did they perhaps mention how best I should lead my life?
Back to top Go down
Narg
Kristyn II
Kristyn II
Narg

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:13 am

Spectral Knight wrote:
We certainly know of humans who've stated that they've been in direct contact with God/s.

Yes. I like to call them lunatics.

Are you kidding around now SK? I can't believe you've misunderstood an analogy that completely.
Back to top Go down
Narg
Kristyn II
Kristyn II
Narg

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:14 am

O Goncho wrote:
Tell me more of thse bunnies, Narg, did they perhaps mention how best I should lead my life?

You're straying dangerously into unicorn-behind-a-galaxy areas here Impatient
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:15 am

You make it sound like that would be a challenge; I know a guy.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:17 am

Narg wrote:
Spectral Knight wrote:
We certainly know of humans who've stated that they've been in direct contact with God/s.

Are you kidding around now SK? I can't believe you've misunderstood an analogy that completely.

And the reason for doubt - implying they're lying/mad is what...?
Back to top Go down
Narg
Kristyn II
Kristyn II
Narg

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:22 am

Spectral Knight wrote:
Narg wrote:
Spectral Knight wrote:

And the reason for doubt - implying they're lying/mad is what...?

Uh... same reason you doubt the bunnies on your shoulders?
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:27 am

No-one's spoken to the bunniess. In fact, today was the first time I heard anyone mention them. And seeing as it was you who brought them up, and since you're arguing religionists as lunatics, I'm almost entirely convinced the bunnies doesn't exist.
Back to top Go down
Narg
Kristyn II
Kristyn II
Narg

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:32 am

Spectral Knight wrote:
No-one's spoken to the bunniess. In fact, today was the first time I heard anyone mention them. And seeing as it was you who brought them up, and since you're arguing religionists as lunatics, I'm almost entirely convinced the bunnies doesn't exist.

Oh right. Well in that case, it's a shame no one found out about them 2000 years ago. Everyone would have had time to come to terms with them by now.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:57 am

Only if they communicated a bit. Nobody would believe in all-powerful lagomorths who didn't speak much.
Back to top Go down
alecs
Peon
Peon
alecs

Male
Number of posts : 205

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 10:20 am

Facepalm
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 10:21 am

HI ALEX, DO U BABLEEB IN GHOSTS?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin   The Genius of Charles Darwin - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Genius of Charles Darwin
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next