ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Today is my last essay for Film class

Go down 
+3
AceCombat
BRYN_BORANGA
O Goncho
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

Today is my last essay for Film class Empty
PostSubject: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 7:48 am

And I'm going to try and sneak as many film quotes into it as possible. It's on Apocalypse Now, and so far I've only referenced the Princess Bride. Feel free to nominate a line you'd like to see make an appearence.
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male
Number of posts : 4880

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 7:55 am

wat r u talkin about?? gonch is gay

I'd like to see that make an appearance. Also..

...i whant coming....
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 7:56 am

ho no thanks jaine i demolished my house in the year 1991
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 7:57 am

is here fast or pufy will eat ghostbusters
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 7:58 am

An:tank's ghostbusters
Ray:for nothing
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female
Number of posts : 8855

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:00 am

"I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddam common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you."
Back to top Go down
ROCK AND ROLL
Evangelist
Evangelist
ROCK AND ROLL

Male
Number of posts : 2412

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:01 am

try and quote Neo in the closing conclusion.

"I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries, a world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you."

try and work it in as an actual part of your conclusion as in, what you think of all the stuff you've just written, rather than just a quote.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:03 am

BRYN_BORANGA wrote:
ho no thanks jaine i demolished my house in the year 1991
Considering the documentary on Apocalypse Now was released in 1991 I can assure you I have already used a small portion of this one.

I can't use the others, so far. Neutral
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
The Lobsters Claw of Bile
lobster_johnson

Male
Number of posts : 4868

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:07 am

hi gonch, i'm worried you'll end up putting in rather more mundane quotes than the ones likely to be suggested in this thread, so i've decided to give you an incentive. you will be awarded points for stealthing quotes into it on the following basis:

1 point: a quote of your own choosing.

2 points: a quote somebody else has suggested.

5 points: a star wars quote.

10 points: a quote from the ghostbusters fan-script.

points will be added to your current total and will go towards winning one of the prizes mentioned in the other thread. if you do not earn at least 20 points, you will not pass and there will be consequences. be honest; i will find out, if you're not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/bantha_fodder
ROCK AND ROLL
Evangelist
Evangelist
ROCK AND ROLL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:08 am

"I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe anything. "

David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap.
Back to top Go down
BRYN_BORANGA
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
BRYN_BORANGA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:08 am

How is writing about Apocalypse Now academic, anyway? Even I could do it. Look

The ceiling fan symbolises the protagonist's descent into looking at ceiling fans and imagorning they was helacopters.

See?
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:09 am

I understand my mission, and accept it, sir.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:10 am

BRYN_BORANGA wrote:

The ceiling fan symbolises the protagonist's descent into looking at ceiling fans and imagorning they was helacopters.

See?
It's more about the directorial self-indulgence of latter day New Hollywood filmmakers and how this affected their films, in comparison to earlier examples.

I wanted to do Heaven's Gate, but apparently I'm not allowed, so I settled for this.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Male
Number of posts : 4868

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:11 am

O Goncho wrote:
I understand my mission, and accept it, sir.

i brought it up to you like room service.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/bantha_fodder
ROCK AND ROLL
Evangelist
Evangelist
ROCK AND ROLL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:12 am

O Goncho wrote:
BRYN_BORANGA wrote:

See?
It's more about the directorial self-indulgence of latter day New Hollywood filmmakers and how this affected their films, in comparison to earlier examples.

I wanted to do Heaven's Gate, but apparently I'm not allowed, so I settled for this.
matrix 2 and 3 vs #1
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:13 am

gay dave wrote:
O Goncho wrote:
BRYN_BORANGA wrote:

See?

matrix 2 and 3 vs #1

1968 to 1980. Sadly that's the cut-off point.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Rope
Evangelist
Evangelist
Scarlet Rope

Female
Number of posts : 2385

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:14 am

I have the impresion that you spend your lifetime doing essays.
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female
Number of posts : 8855

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:17 am

"You'd better flush out your head, new guy. This isn't about freedom; this is a slaughter. If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is "poontang"."
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:20 am

Scarlet Rope wrote:
I have the impresion that you spend your lifetime doing essays.
With any luck, I will. Especially if you count screenplays, short stories, novels, novellas, reviews, and comicbook scripts along with them.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Rope
Evangelist
Evangelist
Scarlet Rope

Female

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:21 am

wanker.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:22 am

Surprised
Back to top Go down
Hector
Consigliere
Consigliere

Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:23 am

I just looked at your film diary. You watched 'Man Bites Dog'? It's brilliant, isn't it?

Justine agrees.

Last edited by Hector on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:24 am

It is definitely very good. It didn't exactly make me want to rush off to France, though, which is maybe why she ain't keen.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Rope
Evangelist
Evangelist
Scarlet Rope

Female

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:24 am

Me? Disagreeing? That's not my kind.

I disagree with what?
Back to top Go down
Hector
Consigliere
Consigliere

Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:26 am

I meant to put 'agrees'. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today is my last essay for Film class   Today is my last essay for Film class Empty

Back to top Go down

Today is my last essay for Film class
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next