ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?

Go down 
+23
ReDfEsTeR
lobster_johnson
kimdealslover
bidders
Elginboy
Tired-Hippo
BRYN_BORANGA
ROCK AND ROLL
Someone with nowt to say
Ollie
AllYourBase
tinkapeel
b3ni
Hector
Scarlet Rope
Fuckpencil
Goostaph
Sgt Fury
harmar
ginwai
Spectral Knight
ignitableduck
mrblackbat
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Yes
Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 Vote_lcap52%Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 52% [ 12 ]
No
Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 Vote_lcap48%Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 48% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

Number of posts : 3412

Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:50 am

There are a few people that I have a smidge of time for.

And it's always a shame that Boris Johnson became mayor of London, he would have been the best PM evar.
Back to top Go down
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Sgt Fury

Male
Number of posts : 2738

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:50 am

Politics seems devoid of policies and personalities these days.

I met Tony Benn once and found him charming and honest.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:51 am

harmar wrote:
I'm just waiting for the whole system to crumble. No human is capable of handling this. All Obama is doing is going to bigger and bigger bailouts. He wants all countries to do the same. Merkel says its all a pile of cack.

Bailouts work though. Bailouts and MASSIVE WARS.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:51 am

Sgt Fury wrote:
Politics seems devoid of policies and personalities these days.

I met Tony Benn once and found him charming and honest.

That is all.

Tony Benn was best when Ali G asked him why the miners didn't just quit if the job was so hard.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

Number of posts : 7271

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:53 am

mrblackbat wrote:
harmar wrote:
I'm just waiting for the whole system to crumble. No human is capable of handling this. All Obama is doing is going to bigger and bigger bailouts. He wants all countries to do the same. Merkel says its all a pile of cack.

Bailouts work though. Bailouts and MASSIVE WARS.

That's why I'm keeping my eye on North Korea.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:55 am

Bailouts work until the currency is devalued as in the Weimar Republic.

Medvedev has already said he wants a basket of currencies and not just the US Dollar.

I watch CNN like other people watch soaps. It's still the best for world news.

It's about time the BBC got some adverts. They may as well for all the fillers they put in.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:00 am

harmar wrote:
Bailouts work until the currency is devalued as in the Weimar Republic.

Medvedev has already said he wants a basket of currencies and not just the US Dollar.

I watch CNN like other people watch soaps. It's still the best for world news.

It's about time the BBC got some adverts. They may as well for all the fillers they put in.

The problem with Wiemar was that they bailed out by printing money (making up currency out of nothing), rather than public works. As far as I can tell, Obama's aim is for massive public works - highways, rail infrastructure and so on.

Which is why the bollocks "quantitive easing" just made me cringe, whatever way you look at it - it's printing money.

If you pump money into public works, you can avoid making the currency up out of nothing by deferring the payment to yourself (via levying taxes over a period) and therefore you don't devalue that currency in itself. What's more, you can also then put money back into your populace and get people out of unemployment (more taxes back to pay back the cash you're borrowing from yourself in future years) and encourage them to spend it and put cash back into the commercial world.

More complicated than that, and still has to be balanced; but no way really comparable to purely money printing.

CNN is funny, they're very.... American, even when they're trying not to be. And they had tank cam during the second gulf war.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:04 am

Obama is a Kenyan Born Usurper and he will be gone.

Print money and the money is devalued. Ask Gideon Gono in Zimbabwe where 'failure is not an option'.

It all depends on when China pulls the plug on the US.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:06 am

Did you know that Geithner was also brought up in Zimbabwe. It's on his Wikipedia.

Apt.
Back to top Go down
Fuckpencil
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
Fuckpencil

Male
Number of posts : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:06 am

I'm interested in this not being registered business. Thought everyone was automatically registered to vote upon turning sixteen or eighteen or whatever.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:07 am

harmar wrote:

Print money and the money is devalued. Ask Gideon Gono in Zimbabwe where 'failure is not an option'.

Print money yes, but pump into into physical infrastructure and you have a tangible asset.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:09 am

I think you have to fill a form in. If you are at home your parents fill a form in for you.

A form just came through the door and I filled it in. I don't know if they do it in every area.

Our area does that. I still think Labour will get in here because on the whole it runs smoothly.
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:10 am

mrblackbat wrote:
harmar wrote:

Print money yes, but pump into into physical infrastructure and you have a tangible asset.

We'll see what happens. US has to have a good debt rating to cover the trillions Obama is spending. Money has to come from somewhere.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:12 am

Yeah, its coming form the next five years taxes.

As for labour getting in; well things were actually running very smoothly when the tories last lost power. All there was were a few sleaze scandals, much like there currently is with labour.

Plus this is only the euro election anyway.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Rope
Evangelist
Evangelist
Scarlet Rope

Female
Number of posts : 2385

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:15 am

Of course i'm voting.

But it'll be on Sunday for us.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:18 am

mrblackbat wrote:
As for labour getting in; well things were actually running very smoothly when the tories last lost power. All there was were a few sleaze scandals, much like there currently is with labour.

Things aren't running very smoothly at the moment, are they though? Unemployment up, national debt up, economy is shrinking..etc, etc. Some of it is the natural economic cycle, other problems are down to spending heavily when times were good, and spending even more when times are bad, instead of setting some aside for when they'd be less income.

And it's local elections too, isn't it? I think I'm voting for locals too.
Back to top Go down
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Sgt Fury

Male
Number of posts : 2738

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:19 am

Local votes for local people !!
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:20 am

No locals here. Just euro.

By and large, things were running quite well up until Brown decided to start printing money and put the country into debt. But what I really was pointing out is that how well the country is being run usually has very little impact on the outcome of a general election. Scandal will have a far bigger impact.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:22 am

Of course, people take great offense at the power brokers abusing their positions, the party with the most sleaze tends not to be very popular. I don't know if it has a much bigger impact than the state of the country come election time - look at Berlusconi - he's always in trouble lol.

Last edited by Spectral Knight on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:22 am

Gordon Brown won't be going anywhere whatever happens in the local elections. He is nothing if not tenacious. He is putting Ed Balls there mainly because he is an ally. He is protecting himself. There are plenty of scandals around him and his wife but the press seems to be letting him off the hook.
Back to top Go down
Fuckpencil
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
Fuckpencil

Male

So I'm only eligible to vote because my folks filled in a form when I was sixteen without my consent????!!!
Back to top Go down
Hector
Consigliere
Consigliere

Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:24 am

lol
Back to top Go down
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos
harmar

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:26 am

I just look on them as entertainment SK.

Everybody has to bailout to keep the world spinning to some extent. Some are more measured than others.

All banks are really bankrupt. They all go in for fractional reserves. Nobody get could their money out of any bank if everybody went at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Goostaph
Evangelist
Evangelist

Male
Number of posts : 2445

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:29 am

Right ...everyone stop being all serious n' shit. It's confusing me and making me a little scared ...
Back to top Go down
Fuckpencil
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
Fuckpencil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:29 am

Someone tell me that's not true. And, if it is true, how do I opt out of the electorate?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow?   Will you be voting in the elections tomorrow? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next