ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fu Manchu
Evangelist
Evangelist
Fu Manchu

Male
Number of posts : 2456

Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels Empty
PostSubject: Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels   Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:22 pm

For all you comic book fans out there.....which run of comics would you recommend that can be bought as a collection?
Back to top Go down
http://fumanchu.synthasite.com/bootlegs.php
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels   Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:35 pm

Erm...the first black suit/venom saga thingie?
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels   Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:38 pm

JMS's recent run (except for One Last Day) on Amazing Spiderman are all very good if a bit back to basic - Death of Gwen Stacy arc is an essential, I really enjoyed Maximum Carnage (though it got a critical mauling), also Kraven's Last Hunt is wicked.

Also, if you can get hold of it, get "The Kid Who Collects Spiderman" - only a filler, but it's been reprinted in loads of 'best off' collections, but it's brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels   Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:39 pm

Have you read the issue that started that off in Secret Wars, Hippo?

It's hillarious for all the wrong reasons.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels   Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:40 pm

No, but I just no its the most well know section of spiderman history.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels   Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:45 pm

It's brilliantly badly written. And given that's the one element in the whole series (which was otherwise quite good, seeing as it was produced solely to shift figures) that's really lasted...well it beats me.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels   Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:52 pm

Never been a fan of Spiderman, sozzie.
Back to top Go down
Fu Manchu
Evangelist
Evangelist
Fu Manchu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels   Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 3:10 pm

Up

cheers fellas. are any of these available in hardback?
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels   Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 3:13 am

I think JMS's entire run is collected in hardback. Death of Gwen Stacy definately is - but it might be collected as a "Marvel Masterwork" (which basically means it's twice the price of the standard TPB! Only worth it if you know you can't get the paper back version). Pretty sure Maximum Carnarge isn't though, dunno about Last Hunt (I got that in British reprint comics rather than as a collection).

Also just remembered - you might wanna try and get the collection of Harry Osbourne Goblin stories. The last one in particular is awesome, but it's been a bit undone by Brand New Day. I've not managed to catch it myself, but Death of Jean DeWolfe is also meant to be good - seeing as Peter David is on writing duties for that, and his work is almost always of the highest order, it might be a good buy if you see it about.
Back to top Go down
Fu Manchu
Evangelist
Evangelist
Fu Manchu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels   Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 4:46 am

how about Amazing Spider-Man Volume 1 #31-33 (The Master Planner)

is this printed in black and white?
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels   Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 4:58 am

I've never read it, I'll be honest with you. I know it's a big favourite for a lot of fans, but apart from a brief spell during the 90s just before he died I don't really like Doc Ock as a vilain.

But I'm almost certain all of the original Stan Lee run is available as both a few Masterwork collectionss (full colour hardback), and in the paperback black-and-white Essential line. The Essential books are really good value if you just want the stories, but to me the loss of colour and the cheapness of the print makes 'em a no-go for me.
Back to top Go down
Fu Manchu
Evangelist
Evangelist
Fu Manchu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels   Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 5:04 am

some of the masterwork collections Ive seen for around 24 quid like this one....
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels   Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 5:13 am

Look at the RRP on it though! Some 12 issue paper backs you can get for a good eight quid less than even the price they're doing it at (which is pretty good value actually!).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels   Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels Empty

Back to top Go down

Spiderman Comics/Graphic Novels
Page 1 of 1