ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female
Number of posts : 8855

FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... Empty
PostSubject: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:50 am

Soon, I will be placing another order at amazon for more comics and stuff, and decided that I don't just want the second one in the serious of what I already have, but all new and cool ones Very Happy

So, here is where you suggest stuff.... aaaand go.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:55 am

Earth X
Supreme Universe
Phonogram

*Wonders if you'll consider any of those.*
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male
Number of posts : 1461

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:56 am

FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... Medium_fell_vol1_cover%5B1%5D

FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... 12402

FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... Local

FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... Goon2tpb

Last edited by kimdealslover on Fri May 01, 2009 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ginwai
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness
ginwai

Number of posts : 5066

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:57 am

what's that last one?
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:01 am

ginwai wrote:
what's that last one?

Me or KDL? If it's me:

FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... 41uxfSUUnSL._SS500_

One of my favourite TPB covers ever.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:02 am

The one I put before I added The Goon?

That one was a 12 issue series called Local.

It's about a girl called Megan who travels around America and tries to find her place/home. It's a bit flawed but I really enjoyed it so much that I bought the expensive hardback edition too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_(comic)

FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... Surfin-the-highway
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:04 am

I like the guy who does the art in Phonogram. I thought it was pretty witty too. His later stuff hasn't been as good though. That one he did with the emo kids was a bit poor. But I always love his artwork.
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:05 am

yeah, i meant Stevil. it just looked a bit odd against the rest that were listed.

my favouritest ever webcomic
http://www.lackadaisycats.com/
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female
Number of posts : 8855

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:08 am

I'll look 'em all up when I'm less braindead to see if any of them strike my fancy....
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:09 am

ginwai wrote:
yeah, i meant Stevil. it just looked a bit odd against the rest that were listed.

A bit odd? I do love my slice of life comics though!

FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... Coace

www.mania.com/content_pics/000002/65/25/0754d0c4f192c1b0_thumb.jpg" border="0" alt=""/>

Sadly the guy who did Confessions died not long after starting the series. It was starting to become a fave of mine back in the day too.
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:10 am

did he eat too much cereal?
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:14 am

No. He had a heart attack or something...not the greatest picture to draw in hindsight I guess.

FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... 250px-DMZvertigodc3

I'm just starting to get into this one. It's pretty good. It's about a reporter who gets trapped in Manhattan (which has turned into a DMZ because of a civil war).

FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... 300px-100_Bullets_86

Greatest Noir Series Ever? Maybe. I think Fell beats it though...JUST.

FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... 250px-Criminal_1

Getting into this series too at the mo. Not bad despite the hokey 70's crime movie poster covers.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:15 am

D'you torrent these, KLD? Or do you actually buy all this stuff? I only get 5-6 TPBs a month on average, and it's costing me a near fucking fortune.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:23 am

I don't believe in torrenting comics. It's a weird idea like e-books.

Em is a comic book fan too, so we just share the cost or comics. But it's become so bloody expensive that we just wait for the TPB's now because of the cost (£3.00 for a comic book? JOG ON!)

Most of the one's I've mentioned have ended their runs anyway, so it's easier on my wallet!
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:25 am

Damn you and your comic-reading missus sharing the payload.

Know what you mean about the individuals, Phonogram II has back-up stories that the dudes behind it have categorically stated won't be included on the TPB. Nearly broke my fucking heart. Thankfully, my local store have said they'll only be bringing them in to order, and as I only go in once a month or so, I couldn't commit to be raped on the costs.
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:28 am

TPB=The Pirate Bay?

is it still up and running?
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:29 am

Trade Paper Back

Look how fucking cool I am. Cool
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:29 am

ah, i saw the word torrent and assumed it was that.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:30 am

...I'm not THAT cool. Sad
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:31 am

Yeah, I actually gave up on a couple of series because of the charmingly new price system.

The worst thing is that I'll probably never go back to them given a couple of months or two, so it just feels like I've wasted a good chunk of money. Like going to cinema, walking halfway out of a movie and not getting a refund.

It's just a mess at the moment.

Can I just say that cat webcomic looks fucking creepy!

Last edited by kimdealslover on Fri May 01, 2009 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:31 am

you're just frosty enough.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:34 am

Buying a shit TPB does always feel like a bit of a kidney blow, don't it? It's horrible. I remember the grand old days when Panini's UK run of Spidey/X-Men reprints* came in at least than two quid a pop and had between three and four issues a month in them.

*You're not a fan of the mainstream spandex stuff though, right?
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:00 am

I'll read some superhero stuff like Batman, but I usually wait until they're collected because they're just so much easier to follow in bulk.

I'm more of a DC guy than Marvel too. Though Civil War PWNED Infinite/Final/Last Week/Monday Morning/Whatever Crisis. I think that's a given if you're a fan spandex heroes or not.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:04 am

The pacing was a little off on Civil War, but the art was just so lovely that I can forgive. You read Secret War (not Wars!)? That's fantastic.

I'm all about Marvel. MMM etc.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:11 am

I find Marvel a bit too out there. But I think DC has been heading that way for a while now. After the whole thing about Bruce Wayne actually building a super-computer AI in space, I just gave up trying to like superhero comics. I prefer it when the characters are given something to do and it's all a bit down to Earth.

Marvel are just weird when it comes to writing themselves out of situations. Like with One More Day. What was wrong with the idea of Peter and Mary-Jane just divorcing after a series of unfortunate events? Nope, it's too long and complex for Marvel. They need some kind of mini-series mind-wipe instead! I think that sums up my problem with superhero comics. They're all great with relatable characters, but they tackle morality and real life horrors in the most hamfisted way possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...   FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks... Empty

Back to top Go down

FAO: Frazer and other comics geeks...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next