ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The olympics thread.

Go down 
+13
Fuckpencil
BRYN_BORANGA
lobster_johnson
bidders
tinkapeel
Goostaph
Scarlet Rope
O Goncho
Hector
Pinkwood
Spectral Knight
ginwai
Tired-Hippo
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Hector
Consigliere
Consigliere

Number of posts : 1835

The olympics thread. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 5:19 am

AceCombat wrote:
as far as I'm concerned the entire thing is a colossal waste of money

Er, no. There's a huge multiplier effect, which leads to greater output (growth) and increased wealth for the country.
Back to top Go down
bidders
Awesome Wizard Whale
Awesome Wizard Whale
bidders

Number of posts : 4246

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 5:22 am

Its still fucking shit.
Back to top Go down
Fuckpencil
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
Fuckpencil

Male
Number of posts : 3220

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 5:26 am

Please explain this multiplier effect. As far as I can see, they spent umpteen billion on a firework display. Why not just hold the games and donate money that would have been spent on the opening ceremony to worthwhile charities? Surely the athletes would support that.
Back to top Go down
Hector
Consigliere
Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 5:31 am

I'll explain it simply. So, a country gets the Olympics. They need to build the various stadiums and arenas and whatnot. So architects need to be hired, who need to hire structural and civil engineers, who need to hire builders, who need electricians, plumbers etc etc. They need materials, so people who make materials get work, who themself need to hire more people to cope with the demand. And so on.
Back to top Go down
Fuckpencil
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
Fuckpencil

Male
Number of posts : 3220

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 5:43 am

You have a point, but what's more important? Helping those who are ill and combatting life-threatening diseases the world over in the longterm or saving a few thousand people from the breadline for four years in China? Billions on a superficial opening ceremony. Billions. It beggars belief.
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female
Number of posts : 8855

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 5:48 am

I tend to believe that most of the money that was gained from the olympics went to people who are already rich. indeed, some working class people probably got some wrk out of it, but the big bucks didn't go to them
Back to top Go down
Hector
Consigliere
Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 5:51 am

Oh my God. I don't have the patience for this. I'm out (of the thread).
Back to top Go down
bidders
Awesome Wizard Whale
Awesome Wizard Whale
bidders

Number of posts : 4246

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 5:51 am

maverick wrote:
I'm out (of the thread).

What is this, fucking Dragons Den?
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 5:58 am

Anyway...they're right....the olympics isn't held as some sort of complex money making scheme...its held because as a planet we're crap at giving up on traditions.

Last edited by tiredhippo on Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AceCombat
A Very Good Troll
A Very Good Troll

Female
Number of posts : 8855

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 6:05 am

I'm not saying that they should cancel the olympics altogether, I just think that too much money is bein spent on the extravagance of this event, money that could be used in better ways
Back to top Go down
Someone with nowt to say
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Someone with nowt to say

Female
Number of posts : 1371

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 6:06 am

Olympics! Woooooooooooooooooooow!

Gold!!!!

Silver!!!

Bronze!!!

GYMNASTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111
Back to top Go down
ginwai
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness
ginwai

Number of posts : 5066

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 3:35 am

someone try and watch the Madison in cycling and see if you can work out the rules on the fly.
Back to top Go down
alecs
Peon
Peon
alecs

Male
Number of posts : 205

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 4:14 am

Anyone who is watching the olympics is an ignorant piece of scum
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 4:16 am

Is that the one with the sprints every x number of laps, but you get muchos more points for lapping the field.

It's a nightmare to follow though. Easier to understand sports need to be brought back into the international field. Like the sack race.

And fuck off Darkus, you''re just jealous that your pikey countrymen have won fuck all. Again.
Back to top Go down
alecs
Peon
Peon
alecs

Male

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 4:21 am

I didn't even know if they won or not and I don't care. Even if they would win all the fucking gold it wouldn't do shit for me.

Go have another drink you fat fuck
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 4:23 am

Yeah, I might just do that. Y'know, to celebrate Romania's complete poverty and inability to do anything of note whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
alecs
Peon
Peon
alecs

Male

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 4:29 am

Your knowledge of science, history and socio-politics is astounding.
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

Number of posts : 5066

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 4:31 am

sprints every 20 laps but there are so many riders on the track, just milling around waiting to take over, i have no idea how you could keep track of it. i like to think i'd be able to commentate on most sports, having a rough idea what's going on and maybe a few tactics but this is just baffling. it just looks like carnage.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 4:36 am

Yeah. carnage distracts our cyclists. A set team/individual to race against, nice 'n' easy - when it's a whole rabble of people circling at quite varying speeds, it becomes a bit of a mess.
Back to top Go down
Someone with nowt to say
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Someone with nowt to say

Female
Number of posts : 1371

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 8:07 am

Romania took a gold on the women's individual floor routine in gymnastics, fucking over the Chinese and the American cheerleaders.

There was disappointment in the vault for the men as Dragulescu performed an excellent Dragulescu, but then fucked up his 2nd vault and came 4th.

I support Romania in the Olympics, they're there to support when Britain is shit.

Ooooooooo I nearly forgot, Romania won the marathon by a considerable margin.

Last edited by W-Hortencia on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : marathon results)
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 8:22 am

Still a complete joke of a team/country though. Fucking caravan dwellers.
Back to top Go down
alecs
Peon
Peon
alecs

Male

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 8:35 am

Cry me a river fatso
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 8:58 am

Doesn't matter, even with a river your filthy mob ain't got any soap to wash the years of grime off your dirty pikey skin.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 3:53 am

LOL, a number of horses in the show-jumping have tested positive for banned substances.

Rumours that these include a-neigh-bolic steroids, test-horse-terone, anabolic stirrups or other class-hay substances haven't been confirmed.

Though Spatchcock was seen wandering round the stables.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 12:29 pm

Ғräsər says (19:27):
China has FOURTY SIX gold medals!
FOURTY SIX
Fucking fuck off China
For fucksake
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The olympics thread.   The olympics thread. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The olympics thread.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next