ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The definitive list of classic games.

Go down 
+8
ginwai
Fu Manchu
Elginboy
Spectral Knight
kimdealslover
O Goncho
lobster_johnson
Tired-Hippo
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male
Number of posts : 1461

The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:44 pm

Seymour! From Seymour Goes To Hollywood and Wild West Seymour!

Look him up. Hollywood was highly regarded at the time.
Back to top Go down
Fu Manchu
Evangelist
Evangelist
Fu Manchu

Male
Number of posts : 2456

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 2:18 am

Tired-Hippo wrote:
Street fighter 2
Tekken
Virtual fighter
Mortal kombat
Double dragon
Streets of rage
Soul calibur 2
Fighting vipers
killer instinct
Super smash bros melee

Dead or Alive 2!
Back to top Go down
http://fumanchu.synthasite.com/bootlegs.php
ginwai
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness
ginwai

Number of posts : 5066

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 2:52 am

i'm choosing to interpret this as games that have dominated my life at some point. people like to put stuff like Tetris in because they're deemed classic but i get nothing out of them.

Gran Turismo 2 (sequel but usurps the original in so many ways)
Super Mario Kart
Goldeneye
Super Mario World (still the best Mario platformer)
Streets Of Rage 2 (same reaon as GT2)
Unirally (slightly obscure choice but i think it deserves the place. never played anything like it since, sadly)
Counterstrike
Half Life
Max Payne
The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening (jesus, that one took some deliberation)
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 2:57 am

ginwai wrote:
i'm choosing to interpret this as games that have dominated my life at some point. people like to put stuff like Tetris in because they're deemed classic but i get nothing out of them.

Gran Turismo 2 (sequel but usurps the original in so many ways)
Super Mario Kart - Already done
Goldeneye
Super Mario World (still the best Mario platformer)
Streets Of Rage 2 (same reaon as GT2)
Unirally (slightly obscure choice but i think it deserves the place. never played anything like it since, sadly)
Counterstrike
Half Life
Max Payne
The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening (jesus, that one took some deliberation)
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 2:59 am

i thought you would've discounted Unirally on the grounds of obscurism. it hardly changed the world but it was a class game.

i included Mario Kart because it needs reinforcing.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 3:00 am

Super mario Bros
Super mario 64
Super metroid
Pokemon
Animal crossing
Sonic the hedgehog
Sonic 2
Virtual cop
Time crisis
House of the dead
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 3:01 am

ginwai wrote:
i thought you would've discounted Unirally on the grounds of obscurism. it hardly changed the world but it was a class game.

i included Mario Kart because it needs reinforcing.

Unirally is considered one of the last great snes games isn't it?
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 3:03 am

really? probably by critics but i never knew anyone else who had it. i want it on the VC Sad
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 3:04 am

I think it came out a bit late...most people had moved consoles, but it did well enough to be allowed.
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 3:10 am

i only got a SNES just before the N64 came out. i was an underprivileged child.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 3:52 am

I'm surprised you didn't put Eternal Darkness, Gin. You bummed that game hard.
Back to top Go down
ginwai
ginwai

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:00 am

i think i spent too hard thinking of games pre-Gamecube. might replace Max Payne with it......
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:11 am

Tired-Hippo wrote:
The genre is practically cult, therefore only its top games are allowed in.

To be fair, I reckon it is one of the best ten, and it was hardly a cult genre in the early-mid 90s, besides the load I mentioned, there's also the Simon the Sorceror games, and the Sierra lot (Police Quest, Space Quest, Kings Quest et al). Old doesn't mean cult.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:35 am

No....no one having heard of them means cult.

You really struggle with the concept that just because you loved something doesn't mean everyone else did...don't you.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:42 am

Not at all, I found out about these games because they were being discussed and talked about on mainstream sites. Are you telling me you've not heard of Simon the Sorcerer or the Quest batch either?! Your ignorance is overwheliming.

I really don't see how the point and click genre is 'practically cult'. That smacks of stupidity.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male
Number of posts : 1461

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:45 am

Police Quest. Agreed. Sierra's adventures were just as popular as LucasArts ones back in the day.

Police Quest 3: The Kindred is probably my fave.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:47 am

Spectral Knight wrote:
Not at all, I found out about these games because they were being discussed and talked about on mainstream sites. Are you telling me you've not heard of Simon the Sorcerer or the Quest batch either?! Your ignorance is overwheliming.

I really don't see how the point and click genre is 'practically cult'. That smacks of stupidity.

I've heard of them, but then I've heard of alot of games that aren't going to make this list, I personal think Legacy of Kain: soul reaver is a great game...its in my all time top 10....but its not going in this list.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:56 am

I didn't expect you to add those. I'm saying your argument that the whole genre is 'practically cult' is complete bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Fu Manchu
Evangelist
Evangelist
Fu Manchu

Male
Number of posts : 2456

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 5:02 am

Sensible Soccer
Back to top Go down
http://fumanchu.synthasite.com/bootlegs.php
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 5:23 am

Spectral Knight wrote:
I didn't expect you to add those. I'm saying your argument that the whole genre is 'practically cult' is complete bullshit.

In the great scheme of videogame genres it is, its certainly one of the least played, many people have probably never even touched a point and click game.

Deal with it.
And yes Fu, thats certainly in.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 5:29 am

Yeah if you're looking at gaming from the late 90s to now. The whole idea of a thread for 'classic' games, however, and you've really not got a clue. One of the biggest selling genres there were throughout the 80s and first half of the 90s.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 5:33 am

Oh shut up you fucking dick, I'm older than you and have been gaming for longer and am a bigger game geek, it was at its height in the 90's for a while but thats it...what about the platformer which has been popular for 2 decades, as have many genres....point and click had a short period of popularity compared to a majority of genres.

You really are pretty immature when it comes to thining outside of your own opinion.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 5:38 am

You're a bigger fucking idiot mate. Look at the retrospective sales figures and come back with such bollocks. I'll say it again, throughout the 80s and well into the mid 90s and they were one of the biggest selling genres of computer games. You can argue as much as you like but you'll be wrong. Being older and been gaming longer and still not having a clue just shows you completely fail to take notice of what's going on around you.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 5:43 am

Facepalm
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 5:59 am

Spyhunter
Punch out
Earthworm Jim
Tetris
Tomb Raider
Resident Evil
Doom
Quake 2
Command and conquer
Sim city
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The definitive list of classic games.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ಠ_ಠ :: Forums :: Games-
Jump to: