ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The definitive list of classic games.

Go down 
+8
ginwai
Fu Manchu
Elginboy
Spectral Knight
kimdealslover
O Goncho
lobster_johnson
Tired-Hippo
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

Number of posts : 3412

The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:35 am

You'd be surprised how little time I actually spend on Internet Spaceships, mate. It's my main game yes, but it doesn't stop me playing a wide variety of genres.

If you allow halo in, I'll come down and kick your face in. Halo is possibly the worst first person shooter I've ever played.
Back to top Go down
kimdealslover
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
kimdealslover

Male
Number of posts : 1461

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:35 am

Obscure and Japanese?

FUCK, I JUST REFERENCED SCREAMER 2, YOU DOLT!
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:37 am

Tired-Hippo wrote:
Civ yes...laser squad...sell it to me.

Although a game with a title that fucking awful a title doesn't deserve to be in.

And this isn't going to turn into the list of "PC games that everyone on mirc owns yet no one else has even heard of".

Laser Squad is the original game that X-COM UFO:Enemy Unknown is based on. I think it was shown how legendary it was that ten years after it's release people were wetting themselves for X-COM to come out. Then twenty years after that was released, people are wetting themselves for the next good one.

Another selection, Elite.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:38 am

I'm still sniggering at the word censoring of Internet Spaceships....
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:39 am

OMG how could I forget Operation Flashpoint as well!
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:40 am

mrblackbat wrote:
You'd be surprised how little time I actually spend on Internet Spaceships, mate. It's my main game yes, but it doesn't stop me playing a wide variety of genres.

If you allow halo in, I'll come down and kick your face in. Halo is possibly the worst first person shooter I've ever played.

It is...but its success and critical acclaim mean it has to go in.

See...this isn't the what games we like list, its the games that were important in many ways list, which is why the obscure games that a majority of people outside of hardcore PC gamers haven't heard of....don't get in.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:41 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Tired-Hippo wrote:

Although a game with a title that fucking awful a title doesn't deserve to be in.

And this isn't going to turn into the list of "PC games that everyone on mirc owns yet no one else has even heard of".

Laser Squad is the original game that X-COM UFO:Enemy Unknown is based on. I think it was shown how legendary it was that ten years after it's release people were wetting themselves for X-COM to come out. Then twenty years after that was released, people are wetting themselves for the next good one.

Oh yeah I remember...hmm...but of a niche genre, you'll have to make do with the more famous X-com b eing allowed.

And before you ahve hissies I'm not allowing vandal hearts, another game in that genre in....even though I love it so.

Elite...yeah obv.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:42 am

What utter tosh. Halo is no more successful than Half Life (1 and 2 and all the spin offs like Team Fortress, Counterstrike, Left 4 Dead etc), Far Cry, Crysis, Bioshock, Unreal, Doom, Quake etc are.

You can only have one of those really, cause by and large, they're all the same.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:43 am

Tired-Hippo wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
Tired-Hippo wrote:

Oh yeah I remember...hmm...but of a niche genre, you'll have to make do with the more famous X-com b eing allowed.

And before you ahve hissies I'm not allowing vandal hearts, another game in that genre in....even though I love it so.

Elite...yeah obv.

Fair enough. X-COM was better (cause the technology was better) and is still widely played and has a massive mod community.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:45 am

Its the main game of the xbox...its their cornerstone...I fuckign hate master chief but he's the reason that halo is in easily.

Although to call half those games more successful....nah...better maybe but certainly not more successful.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:49 am

Tired-Hippo wrote:
Fact is all 3 of ytou are more cult, niche gamers, KDL's known for obscure japan and survival horror, SK goes on and on about point and lick games, and bat spends his life playing Internet Spaceships online.

No game I listed is cult or niche in the sightest. I don't go on about point and clicks, but they're my favourite genre and I wouldn't have mentioned any of them again in the thread if your ignorance wasn't so astonishing in denying them basically because YOU hadn't heard of them. Most evidenced by the allowal of Sam and Max Season 2...a game that far, far fewer people have played than the Longest Journey, and critically while highly rated, didn't get anywhere near the credentials that TLJ did. I'm almost certain you were sold on the name alone rather than the actual game

Meh...

Anyway, more suggestions:
Advance Wars
Theme Park/Roller Coaster Tycoon. Take your pic out of those two.
1080 Snowboarding
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 6:01 am

Sim City probably of the same variant as Theme Park et al. Just with cities instead of theme parks.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 6:05 am

Tired-Hippo wrote:
Its the main game of the xbox...its their cornerstone...I fuckign hate master chief but he's the reason that halo is in easily.

Although to call half those games more successful....nah...better maybe but certainly not more successful.

Balls.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 6:07 am

Blah blah blah, you've always shown a complete lack of ability to realise your flaws.

Advance Wars - ....hmmm.....yeah alright then, just cause this'll be lacking in handheld games.
Theme Park/Roller Coaster Tycoon. Take your pic out of those two. - Theme park.
1080 Snowboarding - Only one snowboarding game would be allowed in, so I'll be diplomatic and let people vote for either cool boarders, SSX or 1080 snowboarding.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 6:11 am

Oh and sim city has already been mentioned.

Anyway some more...

Populous
Alone in the dark
track and field
pro evolution
fifa
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 6:13 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Sim City probably of the same variant as Theme Park et al. Just with cities instead of theme parks.

Sorta see what you mean in regards to the micro-management sims. Reason I'd probably put Theme Park/RCT in a slightly different category is the actual track building for rides was as much of a game as the management/zoning aspects. Maybe that's not the fairist of divisions, but it's the one I use.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 6:31 am

Oh yeah, and whilst they're in my head:-

Pong
Space Invaders
Pacman
Defender
Asteroids

etc
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 6:38 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Oh yeah, and whilst they're in my head:-

Pong
Space Invaders
Pacman
Defender
Asteroids

etc

All been done...I made sure games like THAT were mentioned.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 6:57 am

Like I can be arsed reading all of this. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The definitive list of classic games.   The definitive list of classic games. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The definitive list of classic games.
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5