ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you want for christmas?

Go down 
+6
Hector
b3ni
mrblackbat
Spectral Knight
Shaunography
Tired-Hippo
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

What do you want for christmas? Empty
PostSubject: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 2:43 am

....other than peace and a thread to wind blackbat up with.
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male
Number of posts : 1297

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 2:59 am

A new DVD remote. Not that you can buy those seperatly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/shaunography
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:02 am

What do you want for christmas? Littlebigplanet-uk
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:04 am

Is that Sony's Fable II competitor? Impatient Nodding ^_^
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:08 am

Yeah....its that game with a bit of imagination that would cause xbox owners to have a nose bleed.
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:10 am

Looks prety terrible. Madden '09 for me boi
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:12 am

Madden and fable2...tut you're a rather basic gamer aren't you.
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:15 am

I like all sorts of games. I'm currently playing Heroes 4, but I've recently been playing the first Morrowind again as Oblivion is rather dull at times. Madden's fun to play, for me, because I'm a fan of American football... nothing to do with the simplicity of the game :p
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:16 am

Tut...sounds like a casual gamer to me.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:17 am

What do you want for christmas? Mirrors-edge
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:20 am

You say it as if it's a bad thing. I spend about 6 hours a day playing videogames, which is quite a lot considering I work 5 days. Being a Microsoft fan over Sony doesn't make me a casual gamer, the Xbox currently has more selection, but I don't know how long that will last. My last purchase was Mercenaries 2. I had to take it back... what a dire game.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:23 am

Iron Man and/or Hulk on DVD. New Danny Wallace book (if it's out). Erm...maybe De Blob or Zak and Wiki, as I'm looking to get one prior to Chrimbo, so whichever one I don't get, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:25 am

See sk here has a wii....I get wii's I'd quite like a wii...but xbox's...filthy imagination killers.

Not want animal crossin, SK? XD
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:28 am

Wii? Why would you want the kids console? Xbox wins because it has a good ammount of decent exclusive games, whereas Wii's only exclusive games have the same graphics as the N64, and are shit.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:29 am

I don't think the Xbox is that bad. There seem to be quite a few deep games on there, but I just don't have the time to commit to the games I do have and would like (played Guilty Gear twice since buying it!), let alone buying a whole new console and games.

Nah, I don't really get the appeal of Animal Crossing and the like. I dunno, doesn't really seem to have a narrative there, and the action is...well non-existent. I can do slow, plodding games if there's a strong story behind it.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:30 am

shaunography wrote:
...whereas Wii's only exclusive games have the same graphics as the N64, and are shit.

Metroid Prime 3 says "Hello".
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:31 am

The wii...a kids console...xbox owners just can't get their head around games theat use imagination instead of....space marines.

Animal crossing fuels your obessive side....must.catch.all.fish.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:32 am

I don't do obsessive collector style games since the original Pokemon Blue/Red. Unless you count Smash Bros and the relentless pursuit for more trophies.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:34 am

See if wii did more demos...not sure how an animal crossing demo would work though.
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:35 am

tiredhippo wrote:
The wii...a kids console...xbox owners just can't get their head around games theat use imagination instead of....space marines.

Animal crossing fuels your obessive side....must.catch.all.fish.

Imagination? Recycling the same games Nintendo have always had? Plus whoring out Sega's main man. If you're a fan of the PS3, there's no justification for disliking the Xbox rather than stubbornness. Not a lot of differences between the twom, all of which are subtle.

And stop talking as if Halo is Microsoft's only game... not a lot of imaginaion there either :o and how can you call Madden 'casual' if you're a fan of the Smackdown series? :p
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:39 am

My most eagerly anticipated game is on PC to be honest.

And Shaun, there have been some very innovative games on the Wii, you can't doubt that. Wii Sports, Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario have all somewhat redefined the approach to sports, 3D platformers and 2.5D platformers. Also, control wise, I don't think I've played a more fluid control system for an FPS than on Metroid 3. Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:40 am

So...nintendo manage to vary their main franchises much more than microsoft ever could.

"What shall we add to halo 3?"

"OMG lets like make people able to record things, and plonk things down in the maps"

Nintendo.

"What shall we do for the next mario game?"

"new setting, control scheme, basicly make it a nearly completely different game from sunshine but with the same beloved characters"
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:43 am

All these Halo references... it was their first attempt at a game. Get over it. Mario hasn't been good since the original Game Boy, apart from one of the N64 ones.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:44 am

Yeah mario 64...really wasn't to popular.

What about your other big game...gears of war...aka "halo in the third person...but a bit dirtier"
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:46 am

Also, with a character like Mario you're able to do a lot more and 'whore him out' a bit with countless spin-offs and an endless list of horrible racing games. Halo has had three titles, and with a FPS there really isn't as much to work on as with Mario, let's face it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you want for christmas?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next