ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you want for christmas?

Go down 
+6
Hector
b3ni
mrblackbat
Spectral Knight
Shaunography
Tired-Hippo
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 5:38 am

4 shaun.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

Number of posts : 3412

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 6:04 am

shaunography wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
But it's still sold twice as many units as the playstation. Clearly the unpopular console.

I suggest you perhaps go read the dictionary, and check some definitions out to see your error.

You're not part of the conversation, just go. A dictionary? Maybe you need to look in the dictionary and look up "dictionary."

Oh dear.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 6:05 am

shaunography wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
But that's only the UK. You're arguing they're going to go bust from outselling the PS3 at a 2:1 ratio....

Not hard to see where the flaw lies in your argument.

Give it time, the whole "family gaming" thing is a fad. Nothing else. And like I said, the PS3 is new - give it time.

A fad that's lasted a good thirty years and counting....
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 6:07 am

God you're boring.
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 7:02 am

Likewise.
Back to top Go down
b3ni
Shapeshifting Master of Darkness

Male
Number of posts : 5145

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 10:20 am

shaunography wrote:
tiredhippo wrote:
The wii...a kids console...xbox owners just can't get their head around games theat use imagination instead of....space marines.

Animal crossing fuels your obessive side....must.catch.all.fish.

Imagination? Recycling the same games Nintendo have always had? Plus whoring out Sega's main man. If you're a fan of the PS3, there's no justification for disliking the Xbox rather than stubbornness. Not a lot of differences between the twom, all of which are subtle.

And stop talking as if Halo is Microsoft's only game... not a lot of imaginaion there either :o and how can you call Madden 'casual' if you're a fan of the Smackdown series? :p

If you like computers you like PS3s

Cell Processor

* One general purpose PPE core that is used for the OS and the game application.
* 512 MB total memory on 2 buses which can be accesed directly only by the PPE core. 256 MB of processor main memory and 256 MB of memory used by GPU.
* 512 KB L2 cache for the PPE.
* 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache for the PPE.
* 7 specialized SPE cores. One is used for the OS leaving 6 for the game application.
* 256KB SRAM per SPE. No common memory between SPEs and SPE cannot access the PPEs main memory directly but the PPE can access the SPEs memory directly.
* Communications between SPE memory or to the PPE memory is performed via the Element Interconnect Bus (EIB) by either accessing ports or via DMA.
* SPEs do not have branch prediction capability.

Xenos Processor

* 3 General purpose PPE cores that are used for the OS and game application.
* 512 MB main memory that is shared by all three cores and GPU.
* 1 MB of L2 cache that is shared by the 3 cores (333 KB per core average).
* 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB data cache for each core.
* 2 Hardware threads per core.
Back to top Go down
http://www.goatsemarathon.com
b3ni

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 10:22 am

shaunography wrote:
Also, with a character like Mario you're able to do a lot more and 'whore him out' a bit with countless spin-offs and an endless list of horrible racing games. Halo has had three titles, and with a FPS there really isn't as much to work on as with Mario, let's face it.

Am I wrong in thinking their is a Halo RTS out?
Back to top Go down
b3ni

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 10:25 am

shaunography wrote:
I just don't think it has a vast enough selection of REAL games to be a serious contender. This could be Nintendo's final major console.

Do you know how many they have sold???????

Also, I'm not picking on you, despite owning a ps3, I am neutral.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 10:25 am

tiredhippo wrote:
-cough- halo wars -cough-
Back to top Go down
Hector
Consigliere
Consigliere

Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 10:48 am

shaunography wrote:
tiredhippo wrote:
Erm...fac t is wii's made the most money.

Both sony and microsoft made losses on the consoles themselves, and the cost of making games means that unless a game is a smash hit then they don't really make THAT much money, whats more sony and microsoft will only make significant amounts of money on games THEY make, and nintendo are the daddies of inhouse games.

It makes most of its money from family games and competitions. Sony and Microsoft make their money from selling games and consoles. Wii's steam can only last so long, and it's popularity is biggest in Japan and America. In the UK, the Wii is by FAR the worst seller of the three. The PS3 is still new, too, so give that time.

Proof, please.

This is the first thing I found
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 10:52 am

Will you be getting animal crossing, Indy?
Back to top Go down
Hector
Consigliere
Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 10:56 am

Give me some reasons to.
Back to top Go down
r new pal
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
r new pal

Male
Number of posts : 4943

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 10:56 am

Don't, Indy. It's dreadfully boring and inane.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 10:57 am

Erm, you don't have to, you'd probably know if you'd like it already.
Back to top Go down
Hector
Consigliere
Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 am

shaunography wrote:
Ever been to a games shop? The PS3/Xbox shelves are always huge, filled with a vast selection of games.

This was the basis upon which shaunography claimed the Wii was the worst selling console out of the three? LOL
Back to top Go down
tinkapeel
Mentor
Mentor
tinkapeel

Female
Number of posts : 6070

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 11:09 am

As an utter non gamer (and perfectly fine with that fact) the Wii is the only console I would even CONSIDER buying. Same goes for lots of people in my sort of friendship group. As far as I can see Nintendo have been pretty smart in not trying to compete with Microsoft and Sony anymore and going off for a whole different market i.e. me. And it's working.

FFS my MOTHER wants a DS and she hasn't figured out email yet. Nintendo is nice and friendly and to my demographic appears devoid of people like you lot who put us off gaming altogether. And we have lots of money.

However, before Hippo gets too smug at me nearing agreement:
tiredhippo wrote:
Failed with me. And I'm about as obsessive as someone can get.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 11:10 am

You liked animal crossing...
Back to top Go down
tinkapeel
Mentor
Mentor
tinkapeel

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 11:12 am

I did like it but catching all the fish was not a big deal to me.
Back to top Go down
tinkapeel
Mentor
Mentor
tinkapeel

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:29 pm

I have just completed this years list. It includes a pair of shoes I must have (£35 before you all go getting indignant on me) and a list of other bits that can be chosen from as the present buyer wishes.

That way it feels more like a surprise.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:32 pm

Having just seen the advert I now want the new Bill Bailey live DVD.
Back to top Go down
tinkapeel
Mentor
Mentor
tinkapeel

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:34 pm

CONSUMER ADDICT!
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:35 pm

tinkapeel wrote:
I have just completed a list of other bits that can be chosen from as the present buyer wishes.

CONTROL FREAK!
Back to top Go down
r new pal
Gozer ¬_¬
Gozer ¬_¬
r new pal

Male
Number of posts : 4943

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:36 pm

He's addicted to consumers? I guess Bill Bailey is a bit chunky.
Back to top Go down
tinkapeel
Mentor
Mentor
tinkapeel

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:40 pm

O Goncho wrote:
tinkapeel wrote:
I have just completed a list of other bits that can be chosen from as the present buyer wishes.

CONTROL FREAK!

My Mum likes it better that way - I've pretty much gone past the age where she knows what I want.

Though, yes, I am a control freak
Back to top Go down
mrblackbat
Right Hand of Doom
Right Hand of Doom
mrblackbat

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 2:16 am

b3ni wrote:
shaunography wrote:
tiredhippo wrote:
The wii...a kids console...xbox owners just can't get their head around games theat use imagination instead of....space marines.

Imagination? Recycling the same games Nintendo have always had? Plus whoring out Sega's main man. If you're a fan of the PS3, there's no justification for disliking the Xbox rather than stubbornness. Not a lot of differences between the twom, all of which are subtle.

And stop talking as if Halo is Microsoft's only game... not a lot of imaginaion there either :o and how can you call Madden 'casual' if you're a fan of the Smackdown series? :p

If you like computers you like PS3s

Cell Processor

* One general purpose PPE core that is used for the OS and the game application.
* 512 MB total memory on 2 buses which can be accesed directly only by the PPE core. 256 MB of processor main memory and 256 MB of memory used by GPU.
* 512 KB L2 cache for the PPE.
* 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache for the PPE.
* 7 specialized SPE cores. One is used for the OS leaving 6 for the game application.
* 256KB SRAM per SPE. No common memory between SPEs and SPE cannot access the PPEs main memory directly but the PPE can access the SPEs memory directly.
* Communications between SPE memory or to the PPE memory is performed via the Element Interconnect Bus (EIB) by either accessing ports or via DMA.
* SPEs do not have branch prediction capability.

Xenos Processor

* 3 General purpose PPE cores that are used for the OS and game application.
* 512 MB main memory that is shared by all three cores and GPU.
* 1 MB of L2 cache that is shared by the 3 cores (333 KB per core average).
* 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB data cache for each core.
* 2 Hardware threads per core.

Or if you like computers, you like computers.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you want for christmas?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next