ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you want for christmas?

Go down 
+6
Hector
b3ni
mrblackbat
Spectral Knight
Shaunography
Tired-Hippo
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male
Number of posts : 1297

What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:49 am

Gears of War? I'm not a fan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/shaunography
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:50 am

-cough- halo wars -cough-
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:51 am

What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 Infini10
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male
Number of posts : 11084

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:54 am

It's not about the character, Shaun, but the gameplay. Halo is a bit dull, I've played Halo 3 online round my mate's gaffe, and it's just not that great. It's just pretty unimaginative. As a flagship for the console, it's not brilliant, I've gotta say. Thing is, there does seem to be great games on the 360 though, Fallout 3 looks kinda sick, from what I've seen, and my mate raves about Lost Odyssey something chronic. Those appeal much more than anything in the Halo series.
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 3:56 am

Spectral Knight wrote:
It's not about the character, Shaun, but the gameplay. Halo is a bit dull, I've played Halo 3 online round my mate's gaffe, and it's just not that great. It's just pretty unimaginative. As a flagship for the console, it's not brilliant, I've gotta say. Thing is, there does seem to be great games on the 360 though, Fallout 3 looks kinda sick, from what I've seen, and my mate raves about Lost Odyssey something chronic. Those appeal much more than anything in the Halo series.

When did I say that I was Halo's bigest fan? Just 'cause I own the Xbox?

It is unimaginitive, I never said it wasn't. But I can't play the Wii because I can't get past Nintendo's cartoony graphics.

What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 Lostod10What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 Infini10

Those two are the shit. I love my RPGs, thus the Xbox would naturally be my favourite console. Tons of 'em.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:05 am

"Oh hai, xbox here, have some generic RPG's thanks."
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:10 am

You haven't even played those games, have you? Infinite Undiscovery is one of the games of the year.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:16 am

I read reviews, the general impression I got was "nice ideas but could of been alot better"
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:19 am

I read reviews of Mercenaries II.... 9/10 reviews. One of the worst games I've ever played.

Seriously though, the Xbox is a must for any RPG fan. You haven't played RPG's until you've played the Elder Scrolls series, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:28 am

I wouldn't say Metroid 3 or No More Heroes is particularly "cartoony" graphically. Fatal Frame certainly isn't. And LoZ:TP isn't, despite it being a flagship Nintendo character.

Though, to be fair, there's a massive difference between 'cartoony' graphics, and 'childish' graphics. Take the first two Broken Sword games, they could've come straight from a cartoon. Childish? Not in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:34 am

Spectral Knight wrote:
I wouldn't say Metroid 3 or No More Heroes is particularly "cartoony" graphically. Fatal Frame certainly isn't. And LoZ:TP isn't, despite it being a flagship Nintendo character.

Though, to be fair, there's a massive difference between 'cartoony' graphics, and 'childish' graphics. Take the first two Broken Sword games, they could've come straight from a cartoon. Childish? Not in the slightest.

I'm more on about the Mario/Wii Sports side of things. Sure, the Wii will have some good, mature games but the console was developed for kids and families.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:36 am

Look what happens when microsoft attempt to do cartoony games.....blinx the time cat.
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:36 am

Disagree. It was developed for a wide audience. Not just kids and families, they were certainly included in the mandate, but it wasn't at the exception of other typical gaming audiences.
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:38 am

I just don't think it has a vast enough selection of REAL games to be a serious contender. This could be Nintendo's final major console.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:38 am

Real games = games with space marines in?
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:39 am

tiredhippo wrote:
Look what happens when microsoft attempt to do cartoony games.....blinx the time cat.

Destroy All Humans, the final 'Oddworld' game... all shit.

Last edited by shaunography on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:40 am

tiredhippo wrote:
Real games = games with space marines in?

Yes, Jason, Halo is the only game Xbox has ever released.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:40 am

Destroy all humans was multiformat and started life as a PS2 exclusive (original plan)

The odd world games went tits up after the first one, even the creator got fed up and left after 'munchs odessey'.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:41 am

Gears of war - space marines.

They're your 2 biggest exclusives, all those RPG's get lost and forgotten about for the most part, and the RPG died on its arse once it tried to go properly 3D.
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:43 am

Munch's Oddysee was the final one, but I agree that Abe's was the only decent one. I don't like Gears of War... but I can't disagree more about 3D RPGs. Free-roaming has never been so good
Back to top Go down
Spectral Knight
Well-endowed
Well-endowed
Spectral Knight

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:44 am

shaunography wrote:
I just don't think it has a vast enough selection of REAL games to be a serious contender. This could be Nintendo's final major console.

Unlikely. They've earned a shitload of cash off the Wii (much more than Sony or MS have earned off their respective consoles from this generation). They'd be mad to drop out of the market, now that they've got a solid audience.

Also, Hippo - disagree about RPGs dying out with 3D, Skies of Arcadia is one of the best, if not THE best game I've ever played.
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:47 am

It's the least popular of the three, having sold far less units and is therefore in far less households. If it had a better selection of more serious games (proper sports games, RPGs, strategy games etc) it would contend well with the other two. I can't see Nintendo lasting much longer, they'll probably just go into game development (like Sega) within the next five years.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:47 am

shaunography wrote:
Munch's Oddysee was the final one, but I agree that Abe's was the only decent one. I don't like Gears of War... but I can't disagree more about 3D RPGs. Free-roaming has never been so good

Actually there was another...that 'strangers' one.
Back to top Go down
Shaunography
Funky Samurai
Funky Samurai
Shaunography

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:48 am

Skies of Arcadia was pretty sick.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 4:50 am

Spectral Knight wrote:
shaunography wrote:

Unlikely. They've earned a shitload of cash off the Wii (much more than Sony or MS have earned off their respective consoles from this generation). They'd be mad to drop out of the market, now that they've got a solid audience.

Also, Hippo - disagree about RPGs dying out with 3D, Skies of Arcadia is one of the best, if not THE best game I've ever played.

I sorta mean proper 3D....I mean FF7 was 3D, but once you got to the PS2/xbox years the RPG suffered, and now its really a bit dead on its arse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you want for christmas?   What do you want for christmas? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you want for christmas?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next