ಠ_ಠ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Film Review Thread

Go down 
+21
mrblackbat
Goostaph
ReDfEsTeR
ROCK AND ROLL
bidders
Elginboy
tinkapeel
BRYN_BORANGA
Sgt Fury
Fu Manchu
b3ni
Spectral Knight
kimdealslover
Tired-Hippo
ginwai
lobster_johnson
Hector
Eve
Cassavetes
acousticbrother
O Goncho
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male
Number of posts : 7943

Film Review Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 10:59 am

Burn After Reading - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Brilliant. The Coens have concocted a chaotic clusterfuck of farcical nonsense (lol). The delight they must have had in orchestrating this symphony of idiots becomes infectious the longer you watch them, which made this a real pleasure to sit through.

It's not a straight-up comedy though, don't go into this expecting beat for beat of relentless jokes; it's a slow burner, but once it's got you you'll be loving it. This, then, is spoofery at its subtle and best, leaving the Spy Thriller all but dismantled by the end.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:04 pm

This hasn't been bumped in a while and I've finished another essay so to treat myself I'm going to dump copypasta Facebook reviews all over this bad boy.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:04 pm

Taxi Driver - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Half a star
Okay, so there's this guy, yeah? And he's, like, driving a taxi around at night. He's really cool and smart and fun to be around, but nobody 'gets' him so he breaks his tv. It's pretty funny. I think he might be an emo or something, I'm not sure, so I took off half a star just in case
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male
Number of posts : 22552

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:05 pm

He breaks his telly?
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:06 pm

The Last Man on Earth - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Half a star
Faithful but dated and micro-budget adaptation of one of my favorite novels which made for an enjoyable but ropey watch.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:06 pm

tiredhippo wrote:
He breaks his telly?
Kicks it over. Then he cries about it. It's proper dark.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:07 pm

..................I don't remember that bit.
Back to top Go down
lobster_johnson
The Lobsters Claw of Bile
The Lobsters Claw of Bile
lobster_johnson

Male
Number of posts : 4868

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:16 pm

..you were watching 'taxi', the sitcom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/bantha_fodder
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Titan A.E. - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Not bad. You can see the seeds of Firefly and Serenity being sown here, though in itself it's nothing special (there's a third act twist which really doesn't convince.) It is better than you might expect for a run-of-the-mill studio animation, though.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:27 pm

tiredhippo wrote:
..................I don't remember that bit.
Taxi Driver's screenplay wrote:
TRAVIS, through cleaning his gun, begins to play a game with
the television set.

He places the heel of his boot at the top of the melon crate
which supports the TV. Then, slowly rocking his heel back
and forth, he sees how far he can tip the melon crate
without knocking it over.

The TV, still broadcasting the hospital room melodrama,
rocks back and forth.

TRAVIS pushes the TV farther and farther until finally the
inevitable happens -- the crate tips backward, sending the
portable TV crashing to the floor.

There is a short flash and the TV screen turns white.

TRAVIS, realizing what he has done, bends over, turns the TV
upright on the floor, fiddles with the knobs, slaps it, and
tries to reactivate the vanished image. TRAVIS' efforts are
futile; a tube has broken, and the TV will not come back to
life.

TRAVIS
(to himself)
Damn, damn.

TRAVIS bends over in the chair and places his head in his
hands, despairing of himself.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:33 pm

I'm not mocking you......I just can't recall that bit Sad
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:35 pm

I know you're not, I thought it would remind you.
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:36 pm

It didn't work.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:39 pm

Π (Pi) - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Manic and fascinating, with vibrant direction and a screenplay that (although apparently full of mathmatical inaccuracies - good God, no!) effectively explores the horrors of obsession and existential woe. Good times, good times!!
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:43 pm

AK...narg the horror film.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:45 pm

I think the apparent mathmatical errors would bug him too much to enjoy it as a film. As an experiment, Sabri, I insist you watch it.
Back to top Go down
Hector
Consigliere
Consigliere

Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:47 pm

Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:49 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tired-Hippo
Make it stop!
Make it stop!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:51 pm

Am I the only one scared by the fact that Indy remembered that......
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:52 pm

The Mist - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Half a star
Compelling and thought-provoking; horror at its most uncompromising and scarily, brutally credible (and incredible). Up there with the best films I've seen so far this year.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:55 pm

tiredhippo wrote:
Am I the only one scared by the fact that Indy remembered that......
Yes.

Disturbia - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Half a star
Pretty great Rear Window update. Nothing special, but a fun watch. That Shia chap, he's alright.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 5:00 pm

Million Dollar Baby - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
I don't think I'll ever really like Hilary Swank on-screen, but I do really like this film. He may be in the twilight of his career, but Clint is still the baddest badass around.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 5:03 pm

The Good, the Bad, The Weird (Joheunnom nabbeunnom isanghannom) - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 3/4
So brain-bogglingly, effortlessly entertaining it puts almost* every Hollywood 'blockbuster' I can think of to shame.

*Had this not come out the same year as Iron Man and The Dark Knight it'd be top of the pile without question.
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 5:17 pm

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Half a star
Gleefully atheistic and all around enjoyable sci-fi farce. Now there's a soundbyte review.

BASEketball - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Funny as fook.

Pride and Glory - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
On the whole, a forgettable corrupt-cop-drama with nothing about it worth recommending due to it being pretty damn boring for the most part. Except, that is, for one pretty intense scene involving Colin Farrell, a hot iron, and a babies face (yeah, I know, awesome Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
O Goncho
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper
O Goncho

Male

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 5:21 pm

Futurama: Bender's Game - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Half a star
Futurama making fun of Fantasy! I was astronomically hyped for this. Alas it's more of the same, as far as new Futurama goes... when it's funny it's very, very funny and when it's not funny it's so not funny (and so easily could be) that you'll feel hurt inside Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Film Review Thread   Film Review Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Film Review Thread
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next